Hospitals Open Door Forum**Updated November 26, 2012 - The Agenda for the next Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum, scheduled for Tuesday, November 27, 2012, from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, ET, is now available in the Downloads section below. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 72188364. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
**Updated November 16, 2012 - The next Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, November 27, 2012, from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 72188364. A follow-up notification will be sent when the agenda becomes available. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
**Updated September 28, 2012 - CMS has posted its Preliminary Decisions on the Recommendations of the Hospital Outpatient Payment Panel on Supervision Levels for Individual Services. These preliminary decisions are open for public comment for 30 days through October 24, 2012, and the posting provides instructions for submitting a comment. Additional information is available on the Hospital Outpatient PPS web page: http://cms.hhs.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/HospitalOutpatientPPS/index.html
**Updated September 17, 2012 - The next Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Wednesday, September 19, 2012, from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 76245290. Please see the full participation announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
**Updated September 10, 2012 - CMS has made available two new recorded training sessions for IRFs on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website. The sessions are as follows:
1. IRF-PAI Assessment Submission Process – provides the necessary instructions for submitting IRF-PAI assessment data to the ASAP IRF-PAI Submission System beginning October 1, 2012.
2. CASPER Reports for IRFs – provides information about accessing and interpreting the ASAP system-generated IRF-PAI Facility Final Validation Report, identifies other reports available to IRFs and gives an overview of the basic functionality of the CASPER Reporting application.
• The recordings can be accessed via the e-University page on the QTSO website at https://www.qtso.com/webex/qiesclasses.php .
• Please contact the QTSO Help Desk at (800) 339-9313 or email@example.com if you have questions regarding this training session.
Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) Overview:
The Hospital Open Door Forum (ODF), addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting, The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing, and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
- Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - Agenda - Hospital & Hopital Quality Open Door Forum [PDF, 77KB]
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - Announcement - Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum [PDF, 21KB]
- Q&A- Type A and B Emergency Departments Under the OPPS (PDF, 43KB) [PDF, 43KB]
- CMS Intermediary/Carrier Directory [PDF, 371KB]
- Q&A- OPPS Device Upgrade (PDF, 12KB) [PDF, 11KB]
- RevisedIRFconfannouncement030512 [PDF, 25KB]