October 16, 2014, NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
An Update on the FY 2015 Budget Situation, Paylines, and Success Rates NIAID has not yet received a budget for the 2015 fiscal year. Congress has, however, passed a continuing resolution (CR), which will fund NIAID through December 11, 2014. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
Support Services Needed for Radiation Countermeasure Products NIAID’s Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation (DAIT) is soliciting contract proposals to develop medical countermeasure (MCM) products that treat injuries from radiological or nuclear exposure. Read the full article.
Check Out New Funding Opportunities for Carbohydrate Research Carbohydrates play a role in virtually every infectious disease we study, and you can get funding to develop new tools and technologies to study certain carbohydrates called glycans. Read the full article
Insights on Submission and Peer Review Interested in strengthening your grasp on how the application submission and peer review processes work? Then check out this upcoming series of Webinars from the Center for Scientific Review (CSR). Read the full article.
In The News
Summary of September's Advisory Council Meeting As you may know, NIAID's advisory Council met on September 15. Here's a recap and a few items of note. Read the full article.
Important Instructions for NRSA Fellowship Applications NIH issued new guidance for the Additional Educational Information section of National Research Service Award (NRSA) fellowship applications. Read the full article.
- Type 5 Non-SNAP Grants Move to RPPR on October 17
- Phone Number Changes for NIAID's DEA
- Niche Assessment Program Returns for 2014
- NIH Seeks Feedback on Physician-Scientist Initiative
- Deadline Extended for Sex as a Biological Variable RFI
Peer Reviewers and Council Members: A Not So Confidential Reminder About Confidentiality It's no secret that maintaining confidentiality in peer review is a matter NIH takes seriously. Peer reviewers and advisory Council members should do the same. Read the full article.
- Where can I find the character limits for items in the SF 424 application form?
- If awarded an R21 during the final two years of a K23, can the awardee reduce the level of effort on the K23 to below 75 percent?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-OD-15-001, Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- RFA-HD-15-017, Increasing Access and Uptake of HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) and Appropriate HIV-Related Services for Adolescents in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
- RFA-AI-14-045, Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers: Immunity to HCV Infection
- PA-14-308, Platform Delivery Technologies for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (R41/R42)
- PA-14-307, Platform Delivery Technologies for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (R43/R44)
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org .