End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program Payment Year 2016 Final Rule — Registration Now Open
Wednesday, January 15; 2-3:30pm ET
To Register: Visit MLN Connects™ Upcoming Calls. Space may be limited, register early.
Target Audience: Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts, and other interested stakeholders.
On January 15, CMS, Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ) will host an MLN Connects™ Call on the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP). The ESRD QIP is a pay-for-performance quality program that ties a facility's performance to a payment reduction over the course of a payment year (PY). This MLN Connects Call will focus on the final rule for operationalizing the ESRD QIP in PY 2016, which was put on display on November 22, 2013.
The performance period for PY 2016 will begin on January 1, 2014. Facilities and other stakeholders should take steps to understand the contours of the program. After the presentation, participants will have an opportunity to ask questions.
- ESRD QIP legislative framework and how it fits in with CMS strategies to improve quality
- Changes reflected in the final rule based on public comments
- The final measures, standards, scoring methodology, and payment reduction scale that are applied to the PY 2016 program
- How the PY 2016 program compares to PY 2015
- Where to find additional information about the program
- Question and answer session
Continuing education credit may be awarded for participation in certain MLN Connects Calls. Visit theContinuing Education Credit Information web page to learn more.