Only three weeks away!
The Conference for the Model Aquatic Health Code
Organizational Meeting 2014
“Be In from the Beginning”
How many times have you been able to actually help form an organization and influence how it will work?
1) The CMAHC meeting has been approved by the National Environmental Health Association for CEU credits.
2) The CMAHC meeting will be live streamed, so stay tuned for access information.
3) The MAHC 1st Edition has been officially posted at www.cdc.gov/healthywater/
The Conference for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created in 2013 to support and improve public health by promoting healthy and safe aquatic experiences for everyone. The CMAHC’s role is to serve as a national clearinghouse for input and advice on needed improvements to CDC’s Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC). The CMAHC will serve in the key role of collecting, assessing, and relaying national input on needed MAHC revisions back to CDC for final consideration for acceptance into the MAHC. This process will keep the MAHC up to date with the latest scientific and operational lessons. The CMAHC will also 1) advocate for improved health and safety at aquatic facilities, 2) provide assistance to health departments, boards of health, legislatures, and other partners on MAHC uses, benefits, and implementation, 3) provide assistance to the aquatic industry on uses, interpretation, and benefits of the MAHC, and 4) solicit, coordinate, and prioritize MAHC research needs.
The 2014 CMAHC Organizational Meeting will be a unique opportunity for public health, aquatics, and other stakeholders to get in on the ground floor of deciding how this vital national entity will be organized and operated. We will discuss how the CMAHC should be organized, how proposed revisions to the MAHC will be submitted, discussed, and how final decisions and membership voting will be made on the recommendations to be sent to CDC. The meeting will also start the process of signing up volunteers to fill vital roles in the proposed submission review and discussion process and start planning for the first official CMAHC Conference to be held in October 2015.
1) Setting the Stage
- Background on the MAHC and process
- Reasons for forming the CMAHC
2) Proposing a CMAHC Structure
- Strawman review
- Broad overview discussion
3) Solidifying the CMAHC Structure and Operation
- Maximizing member input
- Triaging and vetting member ideas
- Organizational needs to make this happen
- Voting and decision making
4) Additional CMAHC Role Possibilities
- Research agenda
- Tools and toolkits
- Adoption and technical assistance
5) Making it Happen: CMAHC October, 2015
- Planning CMAHC October, 2015
- Membership, volunteer sign-up
When: Wednesday, October 8, 2014; 8 am to 2 pm (immediately before the World Aquatic Health Conference [WAHC])
Where: Portland, Oregon
DoubleTree by Hilton
1000 NE Multnomah Street
Portland, OR 97232
Registration and Cost: There is no registration fee for this meeting. Register for this FREE organizational meeting by email@example.com. To register for both the CMAHC and the WAHC, go to http://www.thewahc.org/. Sign up for CMAHC membership at http://www.cmahc.org/
membership.php. Over 85 people have already signed up to attend the CMAHC meeting, so sign up while space permits.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario