On October 16th, CDC, in partnership with the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), will recognize International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) 2016. IIPW focuses on helping patients, families, and healthcare professionals better understand what they can do to help prevent the spread of infections.
How can you help “Break the Chain of Infection?” Join CDC and APIC for the following events to show your support.
1. Read and share this Safe Healthcare Blog post written by APIC’s President, Susan Dolan.
- Look for CDC’s Safe Healthcare Blog on Friday, October 14
2. Participate in the International Infection Prevention Week Twitter Chat, hosted by APIC and American Hospital Association (AHA).
- IIPW Twitter Chat – Monday, October 17, at 2 PM EDT
3. Register for CDC’s webinar.
- Tune in to Safe Healthcare: Preventing the Next Avoidable Catastrophe in Low and Middle Resource Countries
- Tuesday, October 18, at 10 AM EDT
- Register here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/
4. Participate in APIC’s Break the Chain of Infection Thunderclap Campaign
- APIC’s “Break the Chain of Infection” Thunderclap Campaign Wednesday, October 19, at 12 PM EDT
- Donate a Tweet or Facebook post to share your top advice about how to break the chain of infection.
CDC encourages you to share these opportunities broadly with your colleagues and partners. Thank you for your help in spreading the word about International Infection Prevention Week.