Did you know there is a research-based tool to help you develop and assess public communication materials for your office? If not, let us introduce you to the Clear Communication Index Widget! You can even make the widget part of your web site.
The Clear Communication Index is designed to help you communicate clearly with your intended audience. It has 4 introductory questions and 20 scored items drawn from scientific literature in communication and related disciplines. You can use the Index in several ways:
- Inform the design and development of a new communication product
- Assess the clarity of a communication product before or after public release
- Foster discussion and collaboration between writers and reviewers before or during the clearance process as you work to attain scientific accuracy and clarity of content
With just a click of your mouse, you can begin scoring and developing materials that enhance people's understanding of the message you want to deliver!
To access the Clear Communication Index Widget or for more information on the Clear Communication Index please visit: http://www.cdc.gov/ccindex/
index.html . You can also copy the code below to add the Index Widget to your office website!
Index Code: <iframe style="width: 975px; height: 725px; border: none; position: relative;" src="http://www.cdc.gov/
ccindex/widget.html" title="CDC Clear Communication Index" ><!-- Widget from CDC.gov --></iframe>
The CDC Clear Communication Index (Index) is a research-based tool to help you develop and assess public communication materials.
- The Index has 4 introductory questions and 20 scored items drawn from scientific literature in communication and related disciplines.
- The items represent the most important characteristics that enhance and aid people's understanding of information.