Last Updated: Mar 22, 2016
- Strategies for Reducing Health Disparities Selected CDC-Sponsored Interventions, United States, 2016[PDF 2.06 MB]
MMWR, March 2016
- Genomics in research and health care with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
McWhirter Rebekah et al. Monash bioethics review 33(2-3) 203-9
- Attitudes Toward Breast Cancer Genetic Testing in Five Special Population Groups.
Ramirez Amelie G et al. Journal of health disparities research and practice 2015 8(4) 124-135
- Genome-wide Association Study of 25(OH) Vitamin D Concentrations in Punjabi Sikhs: Results of the Asian Indian Diabetic Heart Study.
Sapkota Bishwa R, et al. The Journal of steroid biochemistry and molecular biology 2015 12
- Participation of low-income women in genetic cancer risk assessment and BRCA 1/2 testing: the experience of a safety-net institution.
Komenaka Ian K et al. Journal of community genetics 2015 Dec
- The Association of Neighborhood Gene-Environment Susceptibility with Cortisol and Blood Pressure in African-American Adults.
Coulon Sandra M, et al. Annals of behavioral medicine : a publication of the Society of Behavioral Medicine 2015 12
- State of Kansas Genetics Plan 2010[PDF 6.71 MB]
Disease: Multiple Diseases; Type: Data|Policy|Program; State: Kansas
- The Ohio Plan to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke 2008-2012
Disease: Heart Disease|Stroke|Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Data|Policy|Program; State: Ohio
- Illinois State Genetics Plan (2007)[PDF 2.04 MB]
Disease: Multiple Diseases; Type: Policy|Education|Program; State: Illinois
- Too Young to Die: Impact of Sudden Cardiac Death of the Young in Michigan, 1999 - 2008[PDF 1.42 MB]
Disease: Sudden Cardiac Death; Type: Data|Program; State: Michigan
- State Cancer Profiles
Disease: Multiple Diseases; Type: Data; State: Multiple States
- The Association Between Obesity and Weight Loss Intention Weaker Among Blacks and Men than Whites and Women.
Assari Shervin, et al. Journal of racial and ethnic health disparities 2015 9 (3) 414-420
- Energy homeostasis genes and breast cancer risk: The influence of ancestry, body size, and menopausal status, the breast cancer health disparities study.
Slattery Martha L, et al. Cancer epidemiology 2015 9
- Prevention for those who can pay: insurance reimbursement of genetic-based preventive interventions in the liminal state between health and disease.
Prince Anya E R et al. J Law Biosci 2015 Jul 1. 2(2) 365-395
- A Health Literacy Program Using Family Health History for Young Black Rural Students: Implications for Reducing Health Disparities.
Foster Pamela Payne et al. J Health Care Poor Underserved 2015 26(3) 662-7
- Why We Cant Wait: A Public Health Approach to Health Disparities in Genomic Medicine,
by Muin Khoury, Genomics and Health Impact Blog, June 2013
- Service Delivery Model and Experiences in a Cancer Genetics Clinic for an Underserved Population.
Woodson Ashley H et al. J Health Care Poor Underserved 2015 26(3) 784-91
- Racial variation in adjuvant chemotherapy initiation among breast cancer patients receiving oncotype DX testing.
Roberts Megan C et al. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2015 Jul 28.
- Diet and lifestyle factors interact with MAPK genes to influence survival: the Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study.
Slattery Martha L, et al. Cancer causes & control : CCC 2014 9 (9) 1211-25
- Associations between CYP19A1 polymorphisms, Native American ancestry, and breast cancer risk and mortality: the Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study.
Boone Stephanie D, et al. Cancer causes & control : CCC 2014 11 (11) 1461-71
- Genetic variation in the JAK/STAT/SOCS signaling pathway influences breast cancer-specific mortality through interaction with cigarette smoking and use of aspirin/NSAIDs: the Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study.
Slattery Martha L, et al. Breast cancer research and treatment 2014 8 (1) 145-58
- Associations between ALOX, COX, and CRP polymorphisms and breast cancer among Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women: The breast cancer health disparities study.
Connor Avonne E, et al. Molecular carcinogenesis 2014 10
- Diet and lifestyle factors modify immune/inflammation response genes to alter breast cancer risk and prognosis: the Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study.
Slattery Martha L, et al. Mutation research 2014 12 19-28
- Universal state newborn screening programs can reduce health disparities.
Brosco Jeffrey P et al. JAMA Pediatr 2015 Jan 169(1) 7-8
- Using network clustering to predict copy number variations associated with health disparities.
Jiang Yi, et al. PeerJ 2015 0 e677
- Request for Information: NIH Precision Medicine Cohort - Strategies to Address Community Engagement and Health Disparities
May 29, 2015. Response Date: June 19, 2015
- Factors associated with genetic counseling and BRCA testing in a population-based sample of young Black women with breast cancer.
Cragun D et al. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2015 Apr 14.
- CDC Celebrates National Minority Health Month!
- CDC Information: Health Disparities in Cancer
- Population frequencies of the Triallelic 5HTTLPR in six Ethnicially diverse samples from north america, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
Haberstick Brett C, et al. Behavior genetics 2015 3 (2) 255-61
- HuGE (43)
- AMD Weekly Clips (0)