CAHPS® Clinician & Group Survey Results Now AvailableAgency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) sent this bulletin at 09/09/2013 05:21 PM EDT
CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: Comparative Results Available Now
The 2012 CAHPS Clinician & Group (CG-CAHPS) Survey comparative results are now available on the CAHPS Database Online Reporting System: https://www.cahpsdatabase.ahrq.gov/CAHPSIDB/Public/CG/CG_About.aspx.
These results are comprised of 766,506 patient experience survey responses from 2,399 medical practices administering the CG-CAHPS survey across all regions of the country. For the first time, comparative results are reported for the adult and child versions of the new CG-CAHPS Survey with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) items.
The CAHPS Database is the national repository for data from selected CAHPS surveys and maintains the CAHPS Online Reporting System. It is sponsored and funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Comparative results are presented for the following CG-CAHPS Survey versions:
- Visit Adult 2.0 Core Survey
- 12-month Adult 2.0 Core Survey
- 12-month Adult 2.0 with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Supplemental Items
- 12-month Child 2.0 combined with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Supplemental Items
Key features of the CG-CAHPS Survey Database Online Reporting System include:
- “Top Box” Scores display the percent of survey respondents who chose the most positive response option for composite measures, ratings, and individual question items. Top box scores are presented for several practice characteristics, such as region, physician specialty, practice ownership, and survey mode, as well as for selected percentiles.
- Frequencies show the distribution of scores for all response options and allow users to run custom displays by respondent and practice site characteristics.
- Bar Charts display a graphical distribution of survey results that show the top, bottom, and middle response categories.
- Percentiles display the percentage of practice sites that scored at or below particular top box scores.
- Report Builder allows users to create custom downloadable reports.
For further information on the CAHPS Database, please visit our Web site at https://cahpsdatabase.ahrq.gov/.
Please contact the CAHPS Database by phone 888-808-7108 or email CAHPSDatabase@westat.com if you have any questions or concerns.
The CAHPS Database Team