Get Ready for the Health Insurance Marketplace
Take advantage of a new, 30-minute, interactive training toolkit, developed through SAMHSA’s Enrollment Coalitions Initiative. Titled, “Getting Ready for the Health Insurance Marketplace,” the toolkit is a narrated presentation designed to:
- Describe the health care law, how it works, and why it is important for uninsured individuals with behavioral health conditions.
- Explain how the Health Insurance Marketplace works, how to apply for health coverage, and where to get help.
- Provide communication ideas and materials from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that you can use to increase awareness and motivate uninsured individuals to enroll.
Or, select your preferred format:
- Community-Based Prevention
- Consumer, Family, Peer, and Recovery Community Organizations
- Housing Support and Homelessness Services
- Criminal Justice
- Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Providers
Through the SAMHSA Enrollment Coalitions Initiative, SAMHSA partnered with nearly 40 national behavioral health organizations. Each coalition worked together to develop trainings and resources that will help community-based organizations and professionals explain the new health care law and encourage uninsured individuals to apply for coverage.