Start Discussing Health Information Technology's Role in Behavioral Health
Bring your health information technology (HIT) questions, comments, and issues to the new SAMHSA HIT Forum. The new forum is intended to facilitate the exchange of ideas, suggestions, and personal experiences dealing with HIT for substance abuse treatment providers, mental health providers, software publishers, state agencies, consumers, families, and others involved in the field.
The topics likely to be covered include:
- Electronic health records systems
- Health information exchanges
- 42CFR2 requirements*
- Meaningful use criteria
- Experiences dealing with specific hardware and software
- Technology-assisted care
- Consumer self-management approaches
- Requests seeking advice from other stakeholders.
*For information on the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), visit http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/cfr/.