April 17, 2014, NIAID Funding Newsletter
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Big News on Application Submission Policy For the past few years, you could resubmit just one time if your initial application didn't succeed. Read the full article.
Perspectives From NIAID's Experiences With Open Data Sharing You may be aware of several efforts to improve transparency and access to research data. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
An Opportunity to Lead the Network for Atopic Dermatitis Research Since 2004, NIAID has supported the Atopic Dermatitis Research Network (ADRN), which conducts clinical research studies to better understand host defense mechanisms in the skin. Read the full article.
Improved Understanding of Immunity Through Improved Computational Models NIAID has issued a funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for multiproject cooperative agreements (U19) to develop computational models of immunity to infectious diseases. Read the full article.
Big Data Meets Small Business Attention small businesses: Check out two funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) to develop new approaches, standards, methods, tools, software, and competencies to improve scientific use of "big data." Read the full article.
Innovative Research to Overcome Barrier to HIV Cure Antiretroviral therapy cannot fully eliminate latently-infected CD4+ T cells, which is a major obstacle to achieving an HIV cure. Read the full article.
In The News
- eRA Database Downtime Scheduled for Late May
- SBIR/STTR Webinar Resources Available Online
- Two Requests for Information About Chimp Facilities
- You Can Nominate an SBIR/STTR Champion
- Upcoming International Grants Management Workshop
- Save the Date for Future Small Business Conferences
Know When You Do—and Don't—Have to Get NIAID's Prior Approval You must get our prior approval for some actions, like modifying the scope of your grant, transferring a grant from one institution to another, and changing from a single to multiple PI award, or vice versa. Read the full article.
If Preaward Spending Is Okay With Your Institution, It's Okay With Us You're waiting for your Notice of Award and want to start your project, but you need money to get it underway. Read the full article.
- Does NIAID sponsor individual researchers to attend conferences?
- What is the submission deadline for an AIDS-related F32 application?
New Funding Opportunities
- PA-14-179, Clinical Trial Planning Grant for Interventions and Services to Improve Treatment and Prevention of HIV/AIDS (R34)
- RFP-NIAID-DAIDS-NIHAI2013184, Quantitative Viral Outgrowth Assay (QVOA) Service Resource
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com .