What's New at the NCHS Research Data Center
What’s New at the NCHS Research Data CenterCenters for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sent this bulletin at 11/18/2013 12:59 PM EST Learn More >> NCHS Research Data Center website. The following updates have been made:
- New Survey Available: National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) We are pleased to announce that survey data from the 2012 National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) are now available at the NCHS Research Data Center. NSLTCP is a new initiative by NCHS to provide nationally representative statistical information about the supply and use of paid, regulated long-term care services providers in the United States. NSLTCP comprises two components: (1) survey data collected by NCHS on adult day services centers (ADSCs) and assisted living and similar residential care communities (RCCs); and (2) administrative data on nursing homes, home health agencies, and hospices obtained from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. For more information, please refer to the NSLTCP survey methodology and documentation document.
- Coming Soon: NCHS RDC Location in Washington, DC In a joint project between the National Center for Health Statistics and the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, the Research Data Center will be opening a new location in the Hubert H. Humphrey Building in Washington, D.C. This location is scheduled to open on January 13, 2014. More information will be available as the date approaches.
- New Census RDC Locations Opening This Fall The Census Bureau is opening three new locations to access restricted data provided by the NCHS Research Data Center. Locations include the University of California at Irvine, the University of Southern California, and Pennsylvania State University. Please contact Census for more information on these upcoming locations.
New Data Available through the RDC
National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP)
- NSLTCP 2012 Data Available Survey data on adult day services centers (ADSCs) and assisted living and similar residential care communities (RCCs) from the first wave of NSLTCP are now available through the Research Data Center.
NCHS Linked Mortality (Linkage)
- NCHS 2011 Linked Mortality Files Available The updated NCHS Linked Mortality Files provide mortality follow-up data through December 31, 2011. Mortality ascertainment is based primarily upon the results from a probabilistic match between NCHS surveys and NDI death certificate records. Additional death certificate data are also available. The restricted-use versions of the Linked Mortality Files were not subjected to data perturbation techniques.
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- NHANES 2011-2012 Limited Access Data Available The NHANES 2011-2012 Youth Depression Screener, Reproductive Health, and Sexual Behavior sections have been made available in the Research Data Center. In order to access this data, a proposal must be submitted and approved.
National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- Quarter 1 2013 Preliminary Microdata Files [PDF - 103 KB] A preliminary microdata file for the January–March 2013 National Health Interview Survey is now available through the NCHS RDC. NHIS data users can analyze this file without having to wait for the final annual NHIS microdata files to be released.
National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NHAMCS)
- NAMCS and NHAMCS Restricted Data Available at the NCHS RDC [PDF - 43 KB] The 2011 NHAMCS data are now available for use in the NCHS Research Data Center. Please see our page on NAMCS and NHAMCS restricted data available through the RDC.
Visit the catalog of all restricted data available through the RDC
Find out more about accessing restricted data through the RDC
- Au LE, Rogers GT, Harris SS, et al. Associations of Vitamin D Intake with 25-Hydroxyvitamin D in Overweight and Racially/Ethnically Diverse US Children. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2013;113(11):1511-6.
- Hollingsworth JM, Sakshaug JW, Zhang Y, et al. In-Office Imaging Capabilities Among Procedure-Based Specialty Practices. Surgical innovation 2013.
- Lu PJ, Singleton JA, Euler GL, et al. Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Adult Populations in the United States, 2005-2011. American journal of epidemiology 2013.
- Palmer NR, Geiger AM, Lu L, et al. Impact of rural residence on forgoing healthcare after cancer because of cost. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers & prevention : a publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology 2013;22(10):1668-76.
- Weir CH, Yeatts KB, Sarnat JA, et al. Nitrogen dioxide and allergic sensitization in the 2005-2006 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Respiratory medicine 2013.
- Will JC, Valderrama AL, Yoon PW. Preventable hospitalizations and emergency department visits for angina, United States, 1995-2010. Preventing chronic disease 2013;10:E126.
Read previous publications with restricted NCHS data