The next Physicians Nurses & Allied Health Professional Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, December 3, 2013, from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 14940965. Please see the Downloads section for the full announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
Physicians, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum
Overview:The Physicians, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and issues of Medicare and Medicaid physicians, non-physician practitioners, nurses, and other allied health care specialists. This diverse group of providers serves Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries in almost all service settings, ranging from independent physician offices to specialized departments within larger facilities. The types of issues that come up during this forum are as varied as the providers who participate, but some frequent topics include the Physician Fee Schedule, Stark regulations, care plan oversight, payment and documentation rules, Provider Enrollment Chain Ownership System (PECOS), as well as the roles and responsibilities of different allied health professional staff under CMS regulations. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, quality program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
The next Physicians Nurses & Allied Health Professional Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, December 3, 2013, from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 14940965. Please see the Downloads section below for the full announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
The Special Open Door Forum “CMS Rule 1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification: 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions” scheduled for Tuesday, November 12th from 1-2PM EST has a Participant Dial-in number 1-(866) 501-5502 and the Conference ID number is 98515298. Please see download information below.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013 - Agenda - Physicians, Nurses & Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum [PDF, 39KB]
- Friday, November 22, 2013 - Special Open Door Forum: Discussion of the Medicare Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) Demonstration [PDF, 44KB]
- Thursday, September 26, 2013 – Special Open Door Forum - [PDF, 158KB]
- Thursday, November 21, 2013 - Special Open Door Forum: ACA Section 3004: Quality Reporting Program for Long Term Care Hospitals [PDF, 45KB]
- Friday, November 15- Conference Call Notice: Streamlined Access to PECOS, EHR, and NPPES [PDF, 53KB]
- Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - Announcement - Program Year 2012 Quality and Resource Use Reports - Mapping a Route to Success for the 2015 Value-Based Payment Modifier [PDF, 45KB]
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - Announcement - ICD-10: Implementation for Physicians, Partial Code Freeze and MS-DRG Conversion Project MLN Connects Video [PDF, 273KB]
- Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - Announcement & Agenda - Physicians, Nurses & Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum [PDF, 97KB]
- Open Payments Program (Physicians Payments Sunshine Act) - New Resources Are Now Available [PDF, 165KB]
- Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - Announcement - Suggested Electronic Clinical Template for Lower Limb Prostheses Special Open Door Forum [PDF, 76KB]
- Carrier/FI Directory (PDF, 338KB) - Opens in a new window
- Physicians Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Product Ordering Page - Opens in a new window
- Physician Center
- Physician Quality Reporting System
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Physician Regulatory Issues Team (PRIT)
- Health Care Consumer Initiatives
- Therapy Services
- Prevention - General Information