New Issue Focuses on
Improving Health Through Clinical–Community Collaboration
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) announces the July 31 issue of the Health Care Innovations Exchange (http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov).
- The featured Innovations describe three programs that provide successful examples of clinical–community collaboration to improve health. One program provided free primary care, support services, and educational programs for men in African-American communities; another coordinated outreach workers, or promotoras, to help Mexican farm workers navigate the health care system and improve their health; and a third initiative supported the development of programs to improve blood pressure control among a local population.
- The featured QualityTools include a resource to assist in research and evaluation of clinical–community relationships, a toolkit to help clinicians learn about community partnerships and share what they know with others, and a set of tools for building clinical–community collaboration focused on chronic disease care and management.
- To access more innovation profiles, tools, and resources related clinical–community collaboration and partnerships on the Innovations Exchange Web site, visit http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/linkingClinicalPractices.aspx.
- New PerspectiveA Researcher’s Perspective on Clinical–Community Relationships
A Conversation With Jodi Summers Holtrop, PhD, MCHES, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Denver http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=3978
AHRQ Develops New Resources on Clinical–Community Relationships To Promote Research
Carol Cahill, MLS and Clarissa Hsu, PhD, Center for Community Health and Evaluation, Group Health Research Institute http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=3977
Events and Podcasts:
- Join AHRQ on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 from 1 – 2 pm ET for a Web event titled Clinical–Community Relationships as a Pathway To Improve Health: Tools for Research and Evaluation. Sponsored by AHRQ’s Center for Primary Care, Prevention, & Clinical Partnerships, this event will provide an in-depth look at two new tools designed to support research and evaluation in the field: the Clinical–Community Relationships Measures Atlas (http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=3879) and the Clinical–Community Relationships Evaluation Roadmap (http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=3973).
For more information and to register for this event, go to
Use the My Innovations feature http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/accounts/createAccount.aspx to save your favorite subjects and receive e-mail alerts when new content is published within your areas of interest.
New issues of the Innovations Exchange are published biweekly on Wednesdays. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.Follow the Innovations Exchange (AHRQIX) on Twitter with this hyperlink: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqix.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario