Erratum, Vol. 10, August 15 Release
Suggested citation for this article: Erratum, Vol. 10, August 15 Release. Prev Chronic Dis 2013;10:120274e. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd10.120274e.In the article “Bringing Bike Share to a Low-Income Community: Lessons Learned Through Community Engagement, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2011,” a section of Box 1, “Summary of Themes From Near North Focus Group Participants About the Nice Ride Bike Share System, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2011,” was inadvertently omitted. The third section, “Ideas for program improvements,” lists the following items:
- Partner with community organizations and agencies to increase awareness of Nice Ride and its benefits and to get discounted subscriptions to low-income individuals.
- Conduct targeted outreach: use images of Near North residents and destinations in advertisements; hold community events.
- Accommodate recreational use by increasing the trip-time limit (at least for some bikes).
- Make subscriptions more accessible and convenient to purchase by selling them at local stores.
- Connect bike share systems with transit systems so they can be used as an integrated system.