Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Special Open Door Forum:
Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
1:00pm – 2:00pm Eastern Time
Conference Call Only
CMS will host a third, follow-up Special Open Door Forum (ODF) call to allow hospitals, practitioners, and other interested parties to ask questions on the physician order and physician certification, inpatient hospital admission and medical review criteria that were released on August 2, 2013 in the FY 2014 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS)/Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) final rule (CMS-1599-F).
Feedback and questions on the two midnight provision for admission and medical review can be sent to IPPSAdmissions@cms.hhs.gov . Questions on Part B inpatient billing and the clarifications regarding the physician order and certification should be sent to the subject matter staff listed in the final rule. CMS also recently released New Guidance on the Physician Order and Physician Certification for Hospital Inpatient Admissions.
We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section for the full participation announcement for more detailed information.
Special Open Door Participation Instructions:
Participant Dial-In Number: 1-866-501-5502
Conference ID #: 98515298
Participants do not need to pre-register to join this conference. However, because of the expected high call volume, we kindly ask you call in a few minutes prior to the call start.
Hospitals Open Door Forum
Overview:The Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting. The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives and other related areas are also included in the forums.
The Special Open Door Forum: “CMS ACA Section 3004: Quality Reporting Program for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) is scheduled Thursday, November 14th at 1 – 2:30p.m. EST and is now available in the Downloads section below. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 94514877. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums
The Special Open Door Forum “CMS Rule 1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification: 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions” scheduled for Tuesday, November 12th from 1-2PM EST has a Participant Dial-in number 1-(866) 501-5502 and the Conference ID number is 98515298. Please see download information below.
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 - Announcement Special Open Door Forum: ACA Section 3004: Quality Reporting Program for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) [PDF, 31KB]
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -Announcement - Special Open Door Forum:Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions [PDF, 19KB]
- Friday, November 22, 2013 - Special Open Door Forum: Discussion of the Medicare Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) Demonstration [PDF, 44KB]
- Thursday, November 21, 2013 - Special Open Door Forum: ACA Section 3004: Quality Reporting Program for Long Term Care Hospitals [PDF, 45KB]
- Friday, November 15- Conference Call Notice: Streamlined Access to PECOS, EHR, and NPPES [PDF, 53KB]
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - Announcement - CMS Hospital/Quality Initiative Open Door Forum [PDF, 23KB]
- Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- PEPPER Resources - Opens in a new window
- HHS Indian Health Service Medicare-Like Rates Information - Opens in a new window
- QualityNet - Opens in a new window
- CDC, NCHS- ICD-9 Diagnosis Information - Opens in a new window
- HHS Hospital Compare Website - Opens in a new window
- Hospital Center
- Hospital Quality Initiative
- Hospital Outpatient PPS
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (Present on Admission Indicator)
- Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices