New performance data are available for the dashboards below.
- Advisory Committees Dashboard: At the end of 2016, FDA’s advisory committee vacancy rate is at 13%. Find out which FDA centers had 0% vacancy rates for their respective advisory committees.
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
- CDER Dashboard: In FY17 Q1, there was a 23% increase in the number of Fast Track designation requests granted when compared to the historical average. View how numbers have trended since FY12 here. Fast Track designation is given to new drugs or biologics intended to treat serious or life-threatening conditions that demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical need.
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER)
- CBER Dashboard: CBER received the highest number of breakthrough therapy designation requests in FY17 Q1 since tracking began in FY15 Q3. The number of breakthrough therapy designation approvals was also the highest in FY17 Q1.
Center for Tobacco Products (CTP)
- CTP Dashboard: A recent evaluation showed that CTP’s “The Real Cost” campaign prevented an estimated 350,000 youth from initiating smoking. Public education campaigns like this help educate the public – especially youth – about the dangers of regulated tobacco products. The reach of CTP’s campaigns is growing as the number of target audience interactions with CTP campaign digital properties reached an all-time high of 5,702,020 in December 2016. Take a look to see how much this grew from 2015.
Office of Special Medical Programs (OSMP)
- OSMP Dashboard: Track OSMP’s activities related to orphan products here. In FY17 Q1, 127 orphan drug designation reviews were completed, of which 81% were first-time orphan drug designation applications. Wonder how many of these reviews resulted in an orphan drug designation?
Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA)
- ORA Dashboard: Enrollment in the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards of state, local, and tribal regulatory agencies in the US hit an all-time high of 744 agencies in FY17 Q1. The Program Standards were developed to achieve national uniformity among regulatory programs responsible for retail food protection in the United States.
Office of the Commissioner (OC)
- OC Administrative Offices Dashboard: At the request of HHS, Congress, and an external workgroup comprised of lab experts and academics, the Office of Laboratory Safety and Science (OLSS) is being stood up to coordinate FDA-wide laboratory science, laboratory security, and environment, health, and safety programs. Check out the new OLSS Key Project to track the progress. OLSS is already making progress and just recently completed and published its 2017-2022 Strategic Plan.
- Office of the Chief Scientist Dashboard: Learn more about what the Office of Minority Health (OMH) has been up to by viewing two new key projects: Diversity in Clinical Trials and Strengthening FDA Outreach and Communication Programs to Minority Health Care Providers and Patients.