New This Week on HealthIT.gov
In This Issue
Happy Health IT Friday! Break out the parkas and mittens, Winter. Is. Coming. Stay warm and safe. (Segue alert!) Speaking of safety …
We published a blog post Thursday where our policy team, lead by Kathy Kenyon and Steve Posnack (@HITpol) help you identify and address unsafe conditions associated with Health IT (in fact, that’s the headline!). The guide referenced in the blog post is designed to “help clinicians and other EHR users address health IT-related safety issues” using new guides we posted on HealthIT.gov. We encourage anyone who uses EHRs and the developers who create them to please take a look.
The latest Bright Spots synthesis covering laboratory exchange, from our State Health Information Exchange (HIE) Program team explores the important role played by the exchange of clinical lab data in to help our health care system function and even improve. Check out our new Bright Spots infographics and videos about Direct Secure Messaging and Care Coordination!
Save The Date: Join us January 23 and 24 for the ONC Annual Meeting here in Washington D.C. Our agenda for the meeting is still a work in progress so hang tight.
Attention Health IT entrepreneurs! Learn about patient privacy and security rules and regs next Friday during our HIPAA 101 session hosted by ONC Chief Privacy Officer Joy Pritts and moderated by Better co-founder Geoff Clapp. Don’t want to mess with the web stuff? Dial 1-888-397-9935 and use code 5048034.
Find a number of helpful resources at the HealthIT.gov Resource Center. Whether you’re looking for a solution to a common Meaningful Use Challenge, trying to find a career in Health IT or want to learn about EHR Incentive Payments – you can find it all in one place. Find an answer to your question below:
- Looking for Solutions to Common Meaningful Use Challenges?
- What is Health Information Exchange (HIE)?
- Find Out About Incentive Payments
- Looking for Local Help on Electronic Health Record Implementation?
- Is your Hospital located in a Rural Setting?
- Looking for a career in Health IT?
- Lessons Learned from Community Cooperative Agreement Programs
- How are the Tools and Resources on HealthIT.gov Developed?
Training is now available for Rural settings and Critical Access Hospitals! View the following webinars to help you navigate Health IT and Meaningful Use:
- Rural Hospitals Achieving Success: An Amazing Journey
- At the Nexus of Healthcare and Technology: What are the Opportunities for Sustainability
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE): Best Practices and Recommendations
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE): Barriers and Best Practices from the Provider's Perspective
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE): Barriers and Best Practices from the Pharmacist's Perspective
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) in Rural and Critical Access Hospitals
- USDA Rural Development, Health IT, and Telehealth Program Funding Overview