June 4, 2014, NIAID Funding Newsletter
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
The Benefits of Being a Peer Reviewer It's been said that we learn by doing, and that certainly applies to the peer review of grant applications. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
Several New FOAs Related to HIV Winter may be behind us, but mid-May brought a flurry of HIV-related funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) that might be of interest. Read the full article.
Help Prevent or Treat HIV Through Sustained-Release Products and Strategies The same week NIH published the funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) highlighted above, it also released one for the Sustained Release for Antiretroviral Treatment or Prevention (SRATP) of HIV Infection program. Read the full article.
In The News
Date Set for Switch in Progress Reports to RPPR The Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) will become mandatory for all Type 5 non-streamlined noncompeting award process (non-SNAP) progress reports (e.g., P01, P30, U01, U19, UM1, T32) on October 17, 2014. Read the full article.
Registration Open for NIAID's SBIR/STTR Workshop Meet us in Cambridge, Massachusetts for the NIAID Small Business Workshop on September 4-5, 2014. Read the full article.
- Second Round of Pilots for New Biosketch Format
- Domestic Noncompeting Awards Will Move to Payment Management System
- Additional Educational Information Required for NRSA Fellowship Applications
- NIH to Host SBIR/STTR Booth at MedTech Conference
- Upcoming Grants Management Workshop in London
Don't Get Caught Behind a Bar to Award if You Want Your Grant Money A code 44 on your summary statement indicating a bar to award should signal a code red for you. Read the full article.
- I am filling out the SBIR/STTR Financial Management form. Is an established line of credit with a major credit card company an accepted form of credit?
- Is the R03 a good stepping stone to a future R01 for new PIs?
New Funding Opportunities
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com .