lunes, 27 de noviembre de 2017

A piece of my mind. Despite my best intentions. | AHRQ Patient Safety Network

A piece of my mind. Despite my best intentions. | AHRQ Patient Safety Network

PSNet email header

  • Commentary
  •  
  • Published November 2017

A piece of my mind. Despite my best intentions.

    End-of-life care can be difficult for patients, families, and the care team. This commentary offers insights from a physician's experience with a conversation that was psychologically detrimental to a patient and his family. The author suggests that focusing on the empathetic relationship with patients and families can provide the support needed to care for the patient while exercising judgement and engaging in shared decision making about next steps.








    View More

    No hay comentarios: