What's New on HealthIT.gov
a result of problems with our distribution service, we were unable to
send this out on Friday. So, let's talk about a few of the new resources
now available on HealthIT.gov.
In This Issue:
Health IT Patient Safety Update
- Patient Safety Organization FAQs:
Developed by AHRQ, this extensive list of FAQs will encourage and
assist providers, health IT developers, and others to engage Patient
Safety Organizations (PSOs) to improve the safety of health IT and
health IT-assisted care. Topics include:
- How providers can report health IT-related events to PSOs.
- Privilege and confidentiality protections for providers and PSOs under the Patient Safety Act.
- How health IT developers can work with PSOs in order to help identify and mitigate health IT safety issues.
- EHR Contracts: Key Contract Terms for Users to Understand:
This is a guide for purchasers and users of EHR systems who are or may
become legally bound by EHR technology developer contracts. It features
examples and a plain English explanation designed to help organizations
who rely on EHRs for critical aspects of their operations to understand
key contractual terms (e.g., confidentiality and “non-disclosure”
provisions that may limit sharing of patient safety information). We
hope this will help providers better anticipate and protect themselves
against patient safety and other risks.
- Develop and adopt policies, interoperability requirements and business practices that align with national priorities.
- Overcome interoperability challenges
- Reduce implementation costs and
- Assure the privacy and security of health information exchange.
will support and advance the efforts of these existing governance
entities which will benefit consumers and providers by allowing health
information to flow securely between unaffiliated healthcare
Cross Vendor Exchange Updates
New information about cross vendor exchange is now available on HealthIT.gov. Some of the info we have posted includes Cross Vendor Exchange Test Instructions and Vendor Participation Information.
New Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQs) that hopefully can address some of your common questions related
to health IT. Questions specific to EHR implementation can be found
under the ‘Implementing EHRs’ topic areas – covering subtopics such as
planning your approach and vendor selection. You may also use the FAQ
search feature to quickly find topics of interest, comprehensive
answers, and other related FAQs.
Read additional Health IT Success Stories
from some of the EHR early adopters who are sharing their tips and
tidbits about how they overcame hurdles to achieve meaningful use. You
can find these stories and more under Success Stories & Case Studies:
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario