The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is pleased to announce the release of WinQI version 5.0, a software that enables organizations to apply the AHRQ Quality Indicators (QIs) to their own inpatient hospital administrative data to inform quality improvement efforts in acute care settings.
You or others in your organization can use this free, Windows-based software to calculate results for the AHRQ QIs, which include: Prevention Quality Indicators (PQI), Inpatient Quality Indicators (IQI), Patient Safety Indicators (PSI) and Pediatric Quality Indicators (PDI).
WinQI version 5.0 includes the following improvements and additions:
- Specification and programming changes for certain AHRQ QIs
- Removal of the Prediction Module and simplified handling of the POA field (diagnoses being present on admission)
- An upgrade to the Limited License edition of the 3M™ APR DRG Grouper (now Version 32)
- New risk adjustment coefficient tables, based on the discharges from an aggregation of the 2012 Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) State Inpatient Databases (SID) from 45 States, including the 2014 Census population data.
- New benchmark data tables that include more than 30 million discharges from community hospitals that are not designated as rehabilitation or acute long-term care facilities
- Enhancements and fixes to software bugs
Upcoming Educational Webinars – Summer 2015: AHRQ will launch a series of educational and technical webinars to inform current and prospective users on AHRQ Quality Indicators and how they can help hospitals use them to improve quality of care. The webinars will also describe the code and methodology changes in the updated versions of both the WinQI v5.0 and the SAS QI v5.0 software.
More details about updates to the WinQI software can be found in the WinQI 5.0 Release Notes, available here: http://www.qualityindicators.
ahrq.gov/Downloads/Software/ WinQI/V50/Software_Rel_Notes_ V50.pdf.
To download version 5.0, go to http://www.qualityindicators.
The software requires an SQL Server®, a free version of which may be downloaded from the AHRQ website at http://www.qualityindicators.
If you have any questions or would like to talk with a member of the AHRQ QI team, please contact us anytime at QISupport@ahrq.hhs.gov.
The AHRQ QI Team