Last Posted: Nov 10, 2017
- Expanding Role for Genetic Counselors: Good for Our Profession, Great for Our Patients
E Ramos, ASHG Blog Post, Nov 2017
- This Women-Driven Field Is Changing Health Care- Ninety-five percent of genetic counselors are women.
C Nazareth, US News, Nov 9, 2017
- A pilot study of BRCA mutation carriers' knowledge about the clinical impact of prophylactic-oophorectomy and views on fertility consultation: a single-center pilot study.
Kim J et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2015 Feb 24(1) 149-57
- Childhood cancer predisposition syndromes-A concise review and recommendations by the Cancer Predisposition Working Group of the Society for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology.
Ripperger Tim et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2017 Apr 173(4) 1017-1037
- Does a duty of disclosure foster special treatment of genetic research participants?
Hayeems Robin Z et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2013 Oct 22(5) 654-61
- Ethical issues with newborn screening in the genomics era.
Tarini Beth A et al. Annual review of genomics and human genetics 2012 13381-93
- Evaluation of the Mayo Clinic Phenotype-Based Genotype Predictor Score in Patients with Clinically Diagnosed Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
Murphy Sinead L et al. Journal of cardiovascular translational research 2016 Apr 9(2) 153-61
- Genetic counseling for personal genomic testing: optimizing client uptake of post-test telephonic counseling services.
Levin Elissa et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2012 Jun 21(3) 462-8
- Limitations and Pitfalls of Using Family Letters to Communicate Genetic Risk: a Qualitative Study with Patients and Healthcare Professionals.
Dheensa Sandi et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2017 Nov
- Making the decision to participate in predictive genetic testing for arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.
Manuel April et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2014 Dec 23(6) 1045-55
- Phenotypic and genotypic heterogeneity of Lynch syndrome: a complex diagnostic challenge.
Lynch Henry T et al. Familial cancer 2017 Oct
- Practice considerations in providing cancer risk assessment and genetic testing in women's health.
Mahon Suzanne M et al. Journal of obstetric, gynecologic, and neonatal nursing : JOGNN 42(3) 274-86
- Predictive genetic testing in children: constitutional mismatch repair deficiency cancer predisposing syndrome.
Bruwer Zandrè et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2014 Apr 23(2) 147-55
- Prenatal genetic testing: an investigation of determining factors affecting the decision-making process.
Pivetti Monica et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2013 Feb 22(1) 76-89
- Prevalence and detection of psychosocial problems in cancer genetic counseling.
Eijzenga W et al. Familial cancer 2015 Dec 14(4) 629-36
- Sources of uncertainty about daughters' breast cancer risk that emerge during genetic counseling consultations.
Bylund Carma L et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2012 Apr 21(2) 292-304