New Issue Focuses on
Value-Based Reimbursement Structures
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) announces the July 3 issue of the Health Care Innovations Exchange (http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov).
- The featured Innovations describe three programs that implemented value-based reimbursement policies at the State level. One program offered health plans a capitated fee to deliver health care and social services to Medicare/Medicaid dual eligibles, a second adjusted individual hospital payment rates based on specific performance metrics, and a third program rewarded individual hospitals for reducing hospital-acquired conditions.
- The featured QualityTools provide resources that help health care administrators and providers prepare for performance measurement and reporting to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, as well as a toolkit that offers guidance for implementing health care-associated infection prevention programs.
- To access more innovation profiles and tools related to value-based reimbursement on the Innovations Exchange Web site, go to http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/innovations_qualitytools.aspx?search=value-based.
- New Expert CommentaryYou Get What You Pay For: The Importance of Value-Based Reimbursement at the State Level
By Stuart Guterman, Vice President and Executive Director
Commission on a High Performance Health System, The Commonwealth Fund
Events and Podcasts:
- Thank you for joining in the June 18 TweetChat, Chats on Change: Home Base Program for Veterans with PTSD. A transcript is now available on the event page. http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/webevents/index.aspx?id=54
Use the My Innovations feature http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/accounts/createAccount.aspx to save your favorite subjects and receive e-mail alerts when new content is published within your areas of interest.
New issues of the Innovations Exchange are published biweekly on Wednesdays. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Follow the Innovations Exchange (AHRQIX) on Twitter with this hyperlink: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqix