Information sought for ACA non-discrimination regulationsAgency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) sent this bulletin at 08/01/2013 12:16 PM EDT
HHS Office of Civil Rights Requests Information
The Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has issued a Request for Information (RFI) on the civil rights provision of the Affordable Care Act (Section 1557) in the Federal Register. The Department welcomes comments from consumers, health care providers, and other interested members of the public.
Section 1557 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity), disability, or age in certain health programs and activities and applies civil rights protections to the newly created Health Insurance Marketplaces. The RFI will gather information that will assist OCR in drafting regulations on Section 1557.
OCR seeks comments on a wide range of topics, including:
- Examples of, experience with, and impacts of discrimination in health programs and activities;
- Examples of health programs and activities, including less common types of programs;
- What exceptions, if any, should apply in the application of discrimination on the basis of sex;
- Access to electronic and information technology for individuals with disabilities; and
- Language assistance services for persons with limited English proficiency.
For more information regarding the Request for Information, please contact Carole Brown at 202-619-0805. OCR is also currently accepting and investigating discrimination complaints filed under Section 1557.
This notice is also available in the following in-language translations:
Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | Tagalog | Русский | العربية | Français (créole) | Português
Don't forget to check out AHRQ's Cultural and Linguistic Competence resources at: http://www.ahrq.gov/health-care-information/topics/topic-cultural-competence.html.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario