On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Ethical Issues in Research on HIV/AIDS and its Co-Morbidities (R01) (PAR-15-274) and (R21) (PAR-15-275)
Possible topics include ethical issues related to international collaborative research.
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 7, 2016; September 7, 2016; and more.
- Turkey-US Collaborative Program for Affordable Medical Technologies (R01) (PAR-15-276)
Invites applications from research partnerships formed between scientists from U.S. and Turkey to accelerate the development of appropriate affordable diagnostic and therapeutic technologies, which address medical needs in low-middle resource settings.
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Partnerships for the Development of Novel Assays to Predict Vaccine Efficacy (R01) (RFA-AI-15-033)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 30, 201
- Longitudinal Assessment of Post -traumatic Syndromes (U01) (RFA-MH-16-500)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 03, 2015
- Open Design Tools for Speech Signal Processing (R01) (RFA-DC-16-001) and(R43/R44) (RFA-DC-16-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 01, 2015
- Novel or Enhanced Dental Restorative Materials for Class V Lesions (R01) (RFA-DE-16-007)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 29, 2015
- Short Courses in High Priority Domains of Behavioral and Social Research on Aging (R25) (RFA-AG-16-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 07, 2015
- NHLBI Announces Interest in Large, Simple, Randomized Emergency Care Clinical Trials (NOT-HL-15-262)
Applications should be submitted according to instructions provided in PAR-13-128 "Investigator Initiated Multi-Site Clinical Trials (Collaborative R01)".
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Humanitarian Congress, which will be held October 9-10, 2015 in Berlin, Germany, is accepting abstracts for oral or poster presentations related to this year's theme, "Science where it's really needed: Translating Innovative Research into Humanitarian Medicine and Global Health Practice." Those invited to present receive free admission.
Abstracts due July 15, 2015
Top funding news from NIH.
- Enhancing Reproducibility through Rigor and Transparency (NOT-OD-15-103)
- Related notice: Consideration of Sex as a Biological Variable in NIH-funded Research (NOT-OD-15-102)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish Funding Opportunity Announcements for Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN) Research Program Grants (U19) (NOT-HD-15-017) and Coordinating Center (U24) (NOT-HD-15-018)
- Registration Open for Participant Engagement and Health Equity Workshop of the Precision Medicine Initiative Working Group of the Advisory Committee to the NIH Director, July 1-2, 2015 (NOT-OD-15-110)
- Requests for Information (RFIs) from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences:
- Innovative Approaches to Technology Development for the Biomedical Research Community (NOT-GM-15-118)
- Soliciting Comments on Support for Research on the Structure Determination of Membrane Proteins and Protein Complexes (NOT-GM-15-116)
- Notice to Modify Instructions in RFA-DA-15-004 "NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS and Drug Use Research (DP1)" regarding a Program Director/Principal Investigator's (PD/PI's) Accomplishments, the Biographical Sketch and the Research Strategy (NOT-DA-15-072)
- Notice to Modify Instructions in RFA-DA-15-007 "Avenir Award Program for Research on Substance Abuse and HIV/AIDS (DP2)" regarding the Biographical Sketch and the Research Strategy (NOT-DA-15-073)
- Notice of Change to Funds Available and Award Budget for:
- PAR-15-187 "Enhancing Regulatory Science for the Risk Based Assessment of Emerging Manufacturing Technologies (U01)" (NOT-FD-15-007)
- RFA-FD-15-031 "Building towards Statistically-Based Pharmaceutical Quality Standards (U01)" (NOT-FD-15-008)
- RFA-FD-15-036 "Evaluating Quality Metrics for Risk-Based Surveillance of Drug Manufacturing Operations and Facilities (U01)" (NOT-FD-15-009)
- Notice of Technical Assistance Webinar for RFA-MD-15-013 "NIMHD Transdisciplinary Collaborative Centers for Health Disparities Research Focused on Precision Medicine (U54)" (NOT-MD-15-010)
- Notice of Pre-application Informational Webinar for PAR-15-146 "Countermeasures Against Chemical Threats (CounterACT) Research Centers of Excellence (U54)" (NOT-NS-15-030)
- Korean Visiting Scientist Training Award
Updated application deadline: June 17, 2015
- Korean Biomedical Scientist Fellowship Program
Updated application deadline: June 30, 2015
- Global Infectious Disease Research Administration Development Award for Low-and Middle-Income Country Institutions
from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at NIH
Application deadline: July 15, 2015
- Global Infectious Diseases Research Training (GID)
Application deadline: July 29, 2015
- Fogarty HIV Research Training
Application deadline: July 30, 2015
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows and Scholars in Public Health
Postdoctoral Research Scholars application deadline: August 3, 2015
Fellowships application deadline: October 13, 2015