Register Now: 5th Annual Consumer Health IT Summit
Registration is now open for the 5th Annual Consumer Health IT Summit hosted by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT. This popular event is free and sells out each year. Attendance is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Don’t miss your opportunity to join us in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, October 1, 2015.
The Consumer Health IT Summit is an all-day meeting that will celebrate important advancements in health IT and equipping individuals with the information and technology they need to manage their health and make more informed decisions about their care. This event brings together federal government and private-sector leaders who are working together to enable consumers to become partners in their health via health IT. This year we will be celebrating Blue Button's five-year anniversary and efforts to advance consumer access to and use of their health information to achieve better health, better care and lower costs.
The Summit will feature:
- Inspiring consumer speakers like Steven Keating who will share his personal story on how he helped diagnose his own brain cancer and collaborated with his care team using health IT.
- Influential keynote speakers including White House Chief Data Scientist, DJ Patil; President of the National Partnership for Women and Families, Debra Ness; and Susannah Fox, Health and Human Services' chief technology officer.
- Moderated discussions on topics such as:
- Processes involved with successfully integrating patient-generated health data;
- Vision and efforts afoot to advance the Precision Medicine Initiative;
- Innovative approaches to making health data more actionable and meaningful; and
- Blue Button’s five-year journey to enable online access to health information and outlook for the next five years.
- Presentations that explain how to successfully and continuously engage consumers and caregivers with digital health data – including in minority and underserved communities - towards improving their health and wellness.
WHAT: 2015 Annual Consumer Health IT Summit
WHEN: Thursday, October 1, 2015 (9 AM – 5 PM EDT)
WHERE: Washington Hilton Hotel, 1919 Connecticut Ave, Washington, DC 20009
COST: Free! First-come, first served
GENERAL LOGISTICS: http://event.