Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Special Open Door Forum:
Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
1:00pm – 2:00pm Eastern Time
Conference Call Only
CMS will host a third, follow-up Special Open Door Forum (ODF) call to allow hospitals, practitioners, and other interested parties to ask questions on the physician order and physician certification, inpatient hospital admission and medical review criteria that were released on August 2, 2013 in the FY 2014 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS)/Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) final rule (CMS-1599-F).
Feedback and questions on the two midnight provision for admission and medical review can be sent to IPPSAdmissions@cms.hhs.gov . Questions on Part B inpatient billing and the clarifications regarding the physician order and certification should be sent to the subject matter staff listed in the final rule. CMS also recently released New Guidance on the Physician Order and Physician Certification for Hospital Inpatient Admissions.
We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section for the full participation announcement for more detailed information.
Special Open Door Participation Instructions:
Participant Dial-In Number: 1-866-501-5502
Conference ID #: 98515298
Participants do not need to pre-register to join this conference. However, because of the expected high call volume, we kindly ask you call in a few minutes prior to the call start.
Rural Health Open Door ForumOverview:
The Rural Health Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses Rural Health Clinic (RHC), Critical Access Hospital (CAH) and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) issues, as well as some inclusion of other questions and concerns that occur in clinical practice pertaining to other CMS payment systems that also extend into these settings. Topics that frequently arise on this forum often deal with payment & billing for services subject to Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) and/or Physician Shortage Area (PSA) status, cost report clarifications, classifications for & qualifications of rural provider types, and the many special provisions being implemented for improving rural health in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, quality program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the Forums.
The Special Open Door Forum “CMS Rule 1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification: 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions” scheduled for Tuesday, November 12th from 1-2PM EST has a Participant Dial-in number 1-(866) 501-5502 and the Conference ID number is 98515298. Please see download information below.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -Announcement - Special Open Door Forum:Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions [PDF, 19KB]
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - Announcement - Rural Health Open Door Forum [PDF, 20KB]
- Friday, November 15- Conference Call Notice: Streamlined Access to PECOS, EHR, and NPPES [PDF, 53KB]
- Thursday, September 26, 2013 – Special Open Door Forum - [PDF, 158KB]
- Thursday, August 22, 2013 - Announcement - Rural Health Open Door Forum [PDF, 91KB]
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - Announcement - ICD-10: Implementation for Physicians, Partial Code Freeze and MS-DRG Conversion Project MLN Connects Video [PDF, 273KB]
- Carrier/FI Directory (PDF, 338KB) - Opens in a new window
- Rural Health Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Product Ordering Page - Opens in a new window
- Rural Health Clinics Center
- Physician Bonuses
- Medicare Demonstrations
- Swing Bed Providers
- Physician Bonuses