Registration Opens April 8 for AHRQ Webinars That Teach About Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project
AHRQ is offering two webinars that teach about the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). The first, Overview of the HCUP Databases, is scheduled for April 15 from 2 to 3 p.m. ET. This session will introduce health services and policy researchers to the HCUP databases and related resources through a general overview of HCUP’s databases. The second, Overview of the HCUP Products and Tools, will be held April 22 from 2 to 3 p.m. ET and will introduce health services and policy researchers to the HCUP products and tools, with a particular emphasis on HCUPnet, the free online data query system. Registration for both webinars opens April 8 at noon ET. Registration details are available on the HCUP User Support website.
What is HCUP?
The Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) includes the largest collection of longitudinal hospital care data in the United States.
- Overview of HCUP
- On-line HCUP Overview Course is an interactive course that provides information about HCUP data, software tools, and products
- Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about HCUP products including State and nationwide databases, software and online tools, and reports.
- HCUP Databases contain information on inpatient stays, emergency department visits, and ambulatory care
- HCUPnet is HCUP's free, online query system that provides immediate access to health statistics
- HCUP Tools & Software provide complimentary tools and software to use with HCUP and similar databases
- HCUP Reports feature findings, publications, and technical reports on HCUP issues
Utilize HCUP services to purchase HCUP data, get answers to your HCUP-related questions, and learn how to use the HCUP databases.
- Purchase HCUP data through the HCUP Central Distributor
- HCUP Technical Assistance answers questions and provides support to HCUP users
- HCUP On-line Tutorial Series provides free tutorials on HCUP data and tools, including training on technical methods for conducting research with HCUP data
- HCUP Data Use Agreement Training Tool is a required tutorial for all purchasers and users of HCUP data that defines how the data can be used
Join the HCUP Mailing List
Join the HCUP Mailing List to receive information on new HCUP data, tools, and products.