The following have been posted to the EHC Program Web site:
The following draft report is available for comment until May 25, 2015:
Home-Based Primary Care Interventions. To access and comment, visit: http://www.
effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ search-for-guides-reviews-and- reports/?pageaction= displayProduct&productID=2079.
To access all EHC Program products that are currently available for comment, visit: http://effectivehealthcare.
- Management of Postpartum Hemorrhage. To access this report, visit: http://www.
effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ search-for-guides-reviews-and- reports/?pageaction= displayproduct&productID=2078.
- Discontinuation of Disease-Modifying Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis. To access this report, visit: http://www.
effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ search-for-guides-reviews-and- reports/?pageaction= displayproduct&productID=2076.
Register for a Free Webinar on Overcoming Barriers to Shared Decision Making
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will host a webinar May 18, 2015 to discuss current barriers to implementing shared decision making from both the patient and provider perspectives and strategies for overcoming these barriers.
Shared decision making occurs when a health care provider and a patient work together to make a health care decision that is best for the patient. A large body of research shows that implementation of shared decision making in clinical practice increases patient satisfaction with their care, enhances patient understanding of their treatment options, and increases their involvement in decisions about their care. There is also emerging evidence that supporting people to share in decision making can improve health outcomes and the extent to which patients adhere to their treatment. Yet shared decision making has not been widely adopted in clinical practice.
This webinar will address: (1) barriers to shared decision making from both the patient and provider perspectives; (2) strategies for overcoming these barriers in clinical practice; and (3) how identified barriers were considered during the development of the SHARE Approach to facilitate implementation of shared decision making.
Confirmed speakers and topics:
- France Légaré, M.D. (Université Laval, Quebec): Barriers to Shared Decision Making from the Patient’s Perspective and Strategies to Overcome Them
- Mark Friedberg, M.D. (Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, RAND Corporation): Barriers to Shared Decision Making from the Provider’s Perspective and Strategies to Overcome Them
- Alaina Fournier, Ph.D. (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality): What AHRQ Learned about Barriers to Shared Decision Making During the Development of the SHARE Approach
Moderator: Rebecca Burkholder, J.D., National Consumers League
This activity will be accredited for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, and certified health education specialists. Determination of continuing education credit through Professional Education Services Group is pending.
Register now to secure a spot for this webinar.
Effective Health Care Program http://effectivehealthcare.EHC Program Update: New Draft and Final Reports; Free Webinar on Shared Decision Making