Announcements and Reminders
LTCH Quality Reporting Program Requirements for FY 2014
LTCH Quality Reporting Program Requirements for FY 2014
May 15 Deadline for FY 2014 Payment Determination
Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) providers should currently be engaging in two activities for the LTCH Quality Reporting (LTCHQR) Program: data submission for the FY 2014 payment update determination and data collection and submission for the FY 2015 payment update determination.
FY 2014 Payment Update Determination—Deadline for Data Submission: May 15, 2013
In the FY 2012 IPPS/LTCH PPS Final Rule (76 FR 51743 through 51756, and 51780 through 51781), three measures were adopted for data collection and reporting for October 1 through December 31, 2012 for the FY 2014 Payment Update Determination:
- Percent of Residents with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (NQF #0678)
- Urinary Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) (NQF #0138)
- Central Line Catheter-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) (NQF #0139)
To avoid a 2-percentage-point reduction in their Annual Payment Update, providers must submit data for all three measures by the May 15, 2013 deadline. Current definitions for the three LTCH quality measures are available in the LTCHQR Program Manual in the “Downloads” section of the LTCHQR Program website.
The Percent of Residents with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (NQF #0678) measure requires use of the LTCH Continuity Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) Data Set Version 1.01, approved on April 24, 2012, by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA). The OMB Control Number is 0938-1163, Expiration Date April 30, 2013. Please note that while the current PRA approval of the LTCH CARE Data set has an expiration date of April 30, 2013, the subsequent version of the data set is currently in the PRA approval process with the OMB; this acts to extend the PRA deadline of April 30, 2013 until the currently submitted PRA package receives approval. Details on the LTCH CARE Data Set technical submission specifications can be found at LTCHQR Program Technical Information web page.
Hospitals Open Door Forum
Overview:The Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting. The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives and other related areas are also included in the forums.
LTCH Quality Reporting Program Requirements for FY 2014 - May 15, 2013 Deadline for FY 2014 Payment Determination. See Downloads section below for full Announcement/Reminder.
The next Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2, 2013 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 78861443. Please see the Downloads section below for the full announcement including agenda. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
National Provider Calls: Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process — Registration Now Open
Tuesday, April 9; 2:30-4pm ET — Preparing to Apply
Tuesday, April 23; 1:30-3pm ET — Tips on Completing a Successful Application. See Downloads section below for full announcement.
The CMS Innovation Center will be hosting a conference call on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 from 3:00pm to 4:00pm ET. CMS Innovation Center Director, Richard Gilfillan, MD, and Karen Murphy, RN, PhD, Director of the State Innovations Group, will provide an overview of the Model Testing, Pre-Testing and Model Design awards as well as additional information on how providers can participate in the State Innovation Models initiative. Please see the Downloads section below for the full announcement with participation instructions. Thank you.
The Durable Medical Equipment, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program will be changing how some Medicare patients get covered supplies. Be sure to give your Medicare patients the correct information. Please review (copy and paste the link into your web browser) the following link for information for people who refer Medicare beneficiaries for DMEPOS: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/index.html?redirect=/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/01_overview.asp.
Please see the "New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Fee-For-Service Providers Informed" announcement in the Downloads section below.
CMS has made available two new recorded training sessions for IRFs on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website. The sessions are as follows:
1. IRF-PAI Assessment Submission Process – provides the necessary instructions for submitting IRF-PAI assessment data to the ASAP IRF-PAI Submission System beginning October 1, 2012.
2. CASPER Reports for IRFs – provides information about accessing and interpreting the ASAP system-generated IRF-PAI Facility Final Validation Report, identifies other reports available to IRFs and gives an overview of the basic functionality of the CASPER Reporting application.
• The recordings can be accessed via the e-University page on the QTSO website at https://www.qtso.com/webex/qiesclasses.php.
• Please contact the QTSO Help Desk at (800) 339-9313 or email@example.com if you have questions regarding this training session.
- LTCH Quality Reporting Program - Announcements & Reminders - May 15, 2013 Deadline for FY 2014 Payment Determination [PDF, 286KB]
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - Announcement & Agenda - Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum [PDF, 76KB]
- April 9 & 23, 2013 - National Provider Call - Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process [PDF, 265KB]
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - Announcement - State Innovation Conference Call for Providers [PDF, 73KB]
- New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers Informed [PDF, 263KB]
- Q&A- Type A and B Emergency Departments Under the OPPS (PDF, 43KB) [PDF, 43KB]
- CMS Intermediary/Carrier Directory [PDF, 371KB]
- Q&A- OPPS Device Upgrade (PDF, 12KB) [PDF, 11KB]
- Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- PEPPER Resources - Opens in a new window
- HHS Indian Health Service Medicare-Like Rates Information - Opens in a new window
- QualityNet - Opens in a new window
- CDC, NCHS- ICD-9 Diagnosis Information - Opens in a new window
- HHS Hospital Compare Website - Opens in a new window
- Hospital Center
- Hospital Quality Initiative
- Hospital Outpatient PPS
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (Present on Admission Indicator)
- Medicare Contracting Reform
- Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices