martes, 27 de enero de 2015

Eric’s #GetCovered Story: Accidents Happen, Make Sure You’re Covered

Dept. of Health & Human Services

Eric’s #GetCovered Story: Accidents Happen, Make Sure You’re Covered

Posted January 27, 2015
By Eric Lovely, 33, Denver
YouTube Embedded Video: Accidents Happen: Eric's #GetCovered Story
Having health insurance is the responsible thing to do, period. And it’s even more important if, like me, you’re into adrenaline sports like skiing, mountain biking and rock climbing. I know, because health insurance saved my life.
My current job in the renewable energy field doesn’t provide coverage, so I had to purchase individual insurance. Before the Marketplace was available, I had a plan costing over $200 a month, which didn’t even provide the coverage I need. On Christmas Eve 2013, I signed on to the Health Insurance Marketplace and found a quality plan that after the tax credit cost me only $50 a month. I’m glad I did.
A few weeks after the coverage went into effect, I went skiing in Grand Teton National Park with my Dad, brother and some friends. After I pushed off and was in the air, everyone yelled at me: “Avalanche!”
Read More: Eric’s #GetCovered Story: Accidents Happen, Make Sure You’re Covered
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: