On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Research Fellowships in Japan
Funded by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) with NIH as a nominating authority for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, JSPS extramural fellowships support researchers conducting cooperative research under Japanese host researchers in Japan.
Application deadline: March 15, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Reductions in Illicit Drug Use and Functional Outcomes (R21/R33) (PA-15-099)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Prevention Research in Mid-Life Adults (R21) (PA-15-097) and (R01) (PA-15-098)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple receipt dates, see announcement.
- Innovations in Measuring and Managing Addiction Treatment Quality Challenge Prize Competition (NOT-DA-15-040)
Note: Non-U.S. citizens and non-permanent residents can participate as a member of an eligible team. Find more information about NIDA Challenges.
Submission period ends June 1, 2015
- Population Dynamics Centers Research Infrastructure FY 2015 (P2C) (RFA-HD-15-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 27, 2015
- Assay Validation For High Quality Markers For NCI-Supported Clinical Trials(UH2/UH3) (PAR-15-095) and (UH3) (PAR-15-096)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): March 26, 2015; July 8, 2015; October 7, 2015; and more
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Social Innovation in Health Initiative
Nominate healthcare delivery solutions for preventing and controlling infectious diseases of poverty in Africa, Asia and South America for the Social Innovation in Health Initiative. Innovators will share their solutions at a TDR forum at the World Health Organization, their work will be included in a publication, and they will be considered for a fellowship hosted at the University of Cape Town and Oxford University.
Nomination deadline: February 28, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Reminders Related to the NIH/AHRQ Policy for Application Submission (NOT-OD-15-059)
- Reminder to AHRQ Grantees that FY2010 Funds will Expire on September 30, 2015 (NOT-HS-15-004)
- Request for Information (RFI): Improving Mental Health Outcomes in Alaska Native Communities Rapidly, Substantially, and Sustainably (NOT-MH-15-007)
- Notice of Extension of the Response Date for NOT-AR-15-007 "Request for Information (RFI) on the Future Directions of Lupus Research" (NOT-AR-15-009). New Response Date: February 13, 2015
- Notice of Correction to NOT-GM-14-135 "Notice of Change in Application Due Dates for PAR-13-280 'Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01)'" (NOT-GM-15-015)
- Mobile Health (mHealth): Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
Application deadline: February 19, 2015
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA)
Application deadline: March 4, 2015
- JSPS Research Fellowships in Japan (Extramural)
Application deadline: March 15, 2015
- International Research Ethics Education and Curriculum Development Award (Bioethics)Application deadline: May 22, 2015
- Global Infectious Diseases (GID)
Application deadline: July 29, 2015
- Fogarty HIV Research Training
Application deadline: July 30, 2015