White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders Week of Action #AAPIhealth
This week is #AAPIhealth Week of Action, which is taking place January 26th through Saturday, January 31st. As part of the week’s activities, the White House, White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and community partners are hosting a week-long series of enrollment events, social media action, and educational programs to encourage Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) across the country to #GetCovered through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Throughout the week, we will share information on the many ways to get involved in-person and online as we remind the AAPI community to take control of their#AAPIhealth and #GetCovered!
Online Engagement Events:
· Tuesday, January 27, 2015 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
Webinar: Have Health Insurance? Now What? New Resources for AAPI Communities:The webinar will focus on how the “From Coverage to Care Initiative” can help the newly insured maximize their coverage with in-language resources for AAPI communities!Register here.
· Wednesday, January 28, 2015 from 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm ET
AAPI Affordable Care Act Enrollment Week of Action Stakeholder Call with U.S. Surgeon General Vivek and Tina Tchen of the White House. This call is not intended for press purposes. RSVP for the call here.
· Thursday, January 29, 2015 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET
#AAPIhealth Twitter Storm on National Youth Enrollment Day of Action with George Takei.
Join a #GetCovered conversation focused on #AAPIhealth with special guest @GeorgeTakei! Follow using #AAPIhealth! Hosted by @HHSGov,@WhiteHouseAAPI, @apiahf, and @AAPCHOtweets.
- AAPI community partners are hosting 15 enrollment events in 6 states throughout the week and weekend in the states of AZ, CA, GA, TX, and WA. Click on theEvent list for more information on the enrollment events.
· In-language resources on the Affordable Care Act in Burmese, Hmong, Khmer, and Lao! These resources can be found at www.whitehouse.gov/aapi.
· Fact sheet on the Affordable Care Act and Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders: The Affordable Care Act and Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario