Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database|Weekly Scan|PHGKB
Publication Date: Mar 23, 2017
About the Genomics & Health Impact Weekly Scan
This weekly update features emerging roles of human genomics, testing and interventions in a wide variety of noncommunicable diseases across the life span, including, birth defects, newborn screening, reproductive health, childhood diseases, cancer, chronic diseases, pharmacogenomics, family health history, guidelines and recommendations. The weekly sweep also includes news, reviews, commentaries, tools and databases.
Human Genomics across the Lifespan
Birth Defects and Child Health
- New era in precision medicine for pancreatic cancer
Science, March 23, 2017
- Care delivery considerations for widespread and equitable implementation of inherited cancer predisposition testing.
Cragun Deborah et al. Expert review of molecular diagnostics 2017 Jan 17(1) 57-70
- iCAGES: integrated CAncer GEnome Score for comprehensively prioritizing driver genes in personal cancer genomes.
Dong Chengliang et al. Genome medicine 2016 8(1) 135
- Genomic landscape of colorectal cancer in Japan: clinical implications of comprehensive genomic sequencing for precision medicine.
Nagahashi Masayuki et al. Genome medicine 2016 8(1) 136
- Information Mismatch: Cancer Risk Counseling with Diverse Underserved Patients.
Joseph Galen et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2017 Mar
- Nashotah man behind Lynch Syndrome Awareness Day
A Budde, Lake Country Now, March 2017
- Lynch Syndrome on Health Report with Norman Swan on RN, Radio abc, March 20, 2017
- Should Genetic Testing be Offered for Children? The Perspectives of Adolescents and Emerging Adults in Families with Li-Fraumeni Syndrome.
Alderfer Melissa A et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2017 Mar
- Risk of breast cancer after a diagnosis of ovarian cancer in BRCA mutation carriers: Is preventive mastectomy warranted?
McGee Jacob et al. Gynecologic oncology 2017 Mar
- Standards of Practice: Applying Genetics and Genomics Resources to Oncology
Kerber Alice S et al. Clinical journal of oncology nursing 2017 Apr 21(2) 169-173
- Genetic anticipation in BRCA1/BRCA2 families after controlling for ascertainment bias and cohort effect.
Guindalini Rodrigo Santa Cruz et al. Cancer 2016 122(12) 1913-20
- Supporting disclosure of genetic information to family members: professional practice and timelines in cancer genetics.
Derbez Benjamin et al. Familial cancer 2017 Mar
- The effect of a celebrity health disclosure on demand for health care: trends in BRCA testing and subsequent health services use.
Roberts Megan C et al. Journal of community genetics 2017 Mar
- Breast cancer and genomic testing.
Liedtke C et al. The British journal of surgery 2017 Mar
- The cancer epigenome: Concepts, challenges, and therapeutic opportunities.
Dawson Mark A et al. Science (New York, N.Y.) 2017 Mar 355(6330) 1147-1152
Genomics in Practice
- After the epigenome: The epitranscriptome
Science Magazine, March 22, 2017
- Precision nutrition: Hype or hope?
Harvard School of Public Health, February 2017
- Birth of the genetic counselor: 'Prescient' Melissa Richter
Lohud, March 16, 2017
- Are we ready for the revolution in personalized medicine?[PDF 332 KB]
NHS Education England
- Adding value to genetic testing through utilization management: Commercial laboratory's experience.
Londre Gina K et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2017 Mar
- The role of genetic counsellors in genomic healthcare in the United Kingdom: a statement by the Association of Genetic Nurses and Counsellors.
Middleton Anna et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2017 Mar
- How economics can shape precision medicines
AD Stern et al, Science, March 17, 2017
- Public Views on Genetics and Genetic Testing: A Survey of the General Public in Belgium.
Chokoshvili Davit et al. Genetic testing and molecular biomarkers 2017 Mar 21(3) 195-201
- Principles and Recommendations for Standardizing the Use of the Next-Generation Sequencing Variant File in Clinical Settings.
Lubin Ira M et al. The Journal of molecular diagnostics : JMD 2017 Mar
- Implementing genetic education in primary care: the Gen-Equip programme.
Paneque Milena et al. Journal of community genetics 2017 Mar
- Can Communicating Personalised Disease Risk Promote Healthy Behaviour Change? A Systematic Review of Systematic Reviews.
French David P et al. Annals of behavioral medicine : a publication of the Society of Behavioral Medicine 2017 Mar
- Personal utility in genomic testing: a systematic literature review.
Kohler Jennefer N et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2017 Mar
- Exploring the feasibility of delivering standardized genomic care using ophthalmology as an example.
Davison Niall et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2017 Mar
- H3Africa: Fostering Collaboration
F Collins, NIH Director, March 23, 2017
Disclaimer: Articles listed in Health Impact Weekly Scan are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database|Weekly Scan|PHGKB
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario