| http://www.cms.gov/Outreach- |
Also, CMS will host a National Provider Call on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, titled: National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments) - What You Need to Know. Again, please click on the link above to view the full announcement.
Hospitals Open Door Forum
Overview:The Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting. The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives and other related areas are also included in the forums.
CMS Seeks Public Comment on Defining QIO Service Areas - Comments Accepted through Friday, May 31, 2013. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
CMS will host a National Provider Call on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, titled: National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments) - What You Need To Know. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will be hosting a webinar, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” to: Provide an introduction to Data.Medicare.Gov; Demonstrate options for accessing the data and; Describe how to make use of the site’s tools for exploring and interacting with the data. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement with background information and registration instructions.
LTCH Quality Reporting Program Requirements for FY 2014 - May 15, 2013 Deadline for FY 2014 Payment Determination. See Downloads section below for full Announcement/Reminder.
The next Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2, 2013 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 78861443. Please see the Downloads section below for the full announcement including agenda. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
National Provider Calls: Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process — Registration Now Open
Tuesday, April 9; 2:30-4pm ET — Preparing to Apply
Tuesday, April 23; 1:30-3pm ET — Tips on Completing a Successful Application. See Downloads section below for full announcement.
The CMS Innovation Center will be hosting a conference call on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 from 3:00pm to 4:00pm ET. CMS Innovation Center Director, Richard Gilfillan, MD, and Karen Murphy, RN, PhD, Director of the State Innovations Group, will provide an overview of the Model Testing, Pre-Testing and Model Design awards as well as additional information on how providers can participate in the State Innovation Models initiative. Please see the Downloads section below for the full announcement with participation instructions. Thank you.
The Durable Medical Equipment, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program will be changing how some Medicare patients get covered supplies. Be sure to give your Medicare patients the correct information. Please review (copy and paste the link into your web browser) the following link for information for people who refer Medicare beneficiaries for DMEPOS: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/index.html?redirect=/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/01_overview.asp.
Please see the "New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Fee-For-Service Providers Informed" announcement in the Downloads section below.
CMS has made available two new recorded training sessions for IRFs on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website. The sessions are as follows:
1. IRF-PAI Assessment Submission Process – provides the necessary instructions for submitting IRF-PAI assessment data to the ASAP IRF-PAI Submission System beginning October 1, 2012.
2. CASPER Reports for IRFs – provides information about accessing and interpreting the ASAP system-generated IRF-PAI Facility Final Validation Report, identifies other reports available to IRFs and gives an overview of the basic functionality of the CASPER Reporting application.
• The recordings can be accessed via the e-University page on the QTSO website at https://www.qtso.com/webex/qiesclasses.php.
• Please contact the QTSO Help Desk at (800) 339-9313 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this training session.
- Thursday, May 2, 2013 - CMS Seeks Public Comment on Defining QIO Service Areas - Comments Accepted through Friday, May 31st [PDF, 270KB]
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - National Provider Call - National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payment) - What You Need To Know [PDF, 281KB]
- LTCH Quality Reporting Program - Announcements & Reminders - May 15, 2013 Deadline for FY 2014 Payment Determination [PDF, 286KB]
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - Announcement & Agenda - Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum [PDF, 76KB]
- April 9 & 23, 2013 - National Provider Call - Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process [PDF, 265KB]
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - Announcement - State Innovation Conference Call for Providers [PDF, 73KB]
- New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers Informed [PDF, 263KB]
- Q&A- Type A and B Emergency Departments Under the OPPS (PDF, 43KB) [PDF, 43KB]
- CMS Intermediary/Carrier Directory [PDF, 371KB]
- Q&A- OPPS Device Upgrade (PDF, 12KB) [PDF, 11KB]
- Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- PEPPER Resources - Opens in a new window
- HHS Indian Health Service Medicare-Like Rates Information - Opens in a new window
- QualityNet - Opens in a new window
- CDC, NCHS- ICD-9 Diagnosis Information - Opens in a new window
- HHS Hospital Compare Website - Opens in a new window
- Hospital Center
- Hospital Quality Initiative
- Hospital Outpatient PPS
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (Present on Admission Indicator)
- Medicare Contracting Reform
- Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices