Thursday, June 20; 1:30-3pm ET— Application Review
Thursday, July 18; 1-2:30pm ET— Application Question and Answer Session
On October 20, 2011, CMS issued a final rule under the Affordable Care Act to establish the Medicare Shared Savings Program (Shared Savings Program). This initiative will help providers participate in Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to improve quality of care for Medicare patients. CMS will host two National Provider Calls on the Shared Savings Program application process.
On Thursday, June 20, CMS subject matter experts will provide an overview and updates to the Shared Savings Program application process for the January 1, 2014 start date. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
On Thursday, July 18, CMS subject matter experts will be available to answer questions about the Shared Savings Program and application process for the January 1, 2014 start date.
The Shared Savings Program Application web page has important information, dates, and materials on the application process. Call participants are encouraged to review the application and materials prior to the call.
Target Audience: Medicare FFS providers
Registration Information: In order to receive call-in information, you must register for the call on the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website. Registration will close at 12pm on the day of the call or when available space has been filled; no exceptions will be made, so please register early.
Presentation: The presentation for this call will be posted on the FFS National Provider Calls web page. In addition, a link to the slide presentation will be emailed to all registrants on the day of the call.
Continuing education credit may be awarded for participation in certain CMS National Provider Calls. Visit the Continuing Education Credit Information web page to learn more.
Low-Income Health Access Open Door Forum
Overview:The Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns of the beneficiary advocates, providers, and information intermediaries throughout the country interested in improving access to Medicare and Medicaid for lower income Americans. Generally, CMS addresses are new guidance or initiatives in programs for people with low-incomes, such as the Medicaid and SCHIP programs. Also, CMS provides information on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, as well as the low-income subsidy. Services settings such as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and 340(b) Hospitals and other providers are also often discussed. CMS co-hosts this forum with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas impacting the lower income beneficiaries are also included in the Forums.
National Provider Calls: Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process — Register Now
Thursday, June 20; 1:30-3pm ET— Application Review
Thursday, July 18; 1-2:30pm ET— Application Question and Answer Session. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement, including registration instructions.
National Provider Calls: Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process — Registration Now Open
Tuesday, April 9; 2:30-4pm ET — Preparing to Apply
Tuesday, April 23; 1:30-3pm ET — Tips on Completing a Successful Application. See Downloads section below for full announcement.
The next Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, March 5, 2013, from 2:00pm – 3:30pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 78867260. Please see the full participation announcement with agenda in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
Please see the "New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Fee-For-Service Providers Informed" announcement in the Downloads section below.
- Thursday, June 20, 2013 & Thursday, July 18, 2013 - National Provider Calls - Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process [PDF, 261KB]
- April 9 & 23, 2013 - National Provider Call - Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process [PDF, 265KB]
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Updated Agenda - Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum [PDF, 180KB]
- New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers Informed [PDF, 263KB]
- HRSA Affordable Care Act Provisions Updated PPT Slides (pdf, 24KB) [PDF, 1008KB]
- Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Assuring Access to Community Living for the Disabled Fact Sheet - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- HRSA Patient Safety & Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative (added 03/25/10) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs FY 2009 Grant Opportunities in the Health Center Program (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs General Health Center Program Information (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- School Health Program - Opens in a new window
- National Assembly On School-Based Health Care - Opens in a new window
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window