Leading Research to Understand, Treat, and Prevent Infectious, Immunologic, and Allergic Diseases
Visit us on the Web
April 3, 2014, NIAID Funding Newsletter
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Step Ten to a Winning Application: Write to Excite Now that the design phase is over, you are ready to put all that planning to the final test: writing the Research Strategy section. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
An Opportunity to Lead NIAID's Food Allergy Consortium For almost a decade, NIAID has supported the Consortium for Food Allergy Research (CoFAR), which focuses on immune and other intervention strategies for preventing and treating food allergy. Read the full article.
Creating Diagnostics for Pan-Drug Resistant Infections Robust diagnostics are needed to better combat drug-resistant, hospital-associated bacterial pathogens. Read the full article.
FYI: Fellowship FOAs Were Reissued Early last month, NIH reissued funding opportunitiy announcements (FOAs) for National Research Service Award (NRSA) fellowship grants. See the March 7, 2014, Guide notice. Read the full article.
In The News
Check Out New Concepts Approved by Council Before NIAID announces a new initiative, such as a request for applications (RFA), a program announcement (PA), or a request for proposals (RFP), our advisory Council must first approve a corresponding concept. Read the full article.
Hassle-Free GWAS Online Submission Investigators who receive NIH funding to conduct genome-wide association studies (GWAS) must make their data available for secondary research through the NIH GWAS data repository. Read the full article.
- Request for Information From NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare
- May Event Focused on Human Subjects Ethics
The More Things Stay the Same: Administrative Supplements We've had a few questions on administrative supplements since NIH renewed the parent announcement, so here's our advice. Read the full article.
- If I withdraw my application, does it still count as a submission?
- Am I required to share model organisms? Who pays for that?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-14-021, Targeting Latently-Infected Cells Without Reactivation
- RFA-AI-14-016, NIAID Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation: Statistical and Clinical Coordinating Center
- RFA-AI-14-028, Modeling Immunity for Biodefense
- RFA-AR-14-016, Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus: Network Research Sites
- RFA-AR-14-015, Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus: Network Leadership Center
- RFA-AI-14-033, Atopic Dermatitis Research Network (ADRN)
- PA-14-157, Early-Stage Development of Technologies in Biomedical Computing, Informatics, and Big Data Science (R41/R42)
- PA-14-154, Early-Stage Development of Technologies in Biomedical Computing, Informatics, and Big Data Science (R43/R44)
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com .