New Issue Focuses on
Increasing Patient Involvement in Health Care
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) announces the October 10 issue of the Health Care Innovations Exchange (http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov).
- The featured Innovations describe two programs that provided patient access to online medical records via secure patient portals and a program that offered patients access to routine laboratory tests between visits, enhancing patient engagement and satisfaction.
- The featured QualityTools provide resources and information to help patients and consumers make health care decisions and communicate effectively with providers.
- Read more innovation profiles related to patient involvement (http://go.usa.gov/YWx9) on the Innovations Exchange Web site, which contains more than 725 searchable innovations and 1,500 QualityTools.
- New Perspective Technology Is Improving Patients' Access to Their Health Information: A Conversation With Mary P. Griskewicz, MS, FHIMSS, Senior Director of Health Information Systems, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=3732
Events and Podcasts:
- Thank you for joining the Innovations Exchange for the September 25 Webcast, Vermont Blueprint for Health: Working Together for Better Care. The video featured during this Web event is available at http://go.usa.gov/YWCj.
View the latest issue and search for Innovations and QualityTools using your phone or tablet on the new mobile site http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/issue.aspx.
New issues of the Innovations Exchange are published biweekly on Wednesdays. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Follow the Innovations Exchange (AHRQIX) on Twitter with this hyperlink: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqix .