AHRQ has updated its Hospital Guide to Reducing Medicaid Readmissions, a resource to help hospitals design and deliver transitional care that addresses medical, social and behavioral needs of Medicaid patients and other vulnerable populations. The resource provides guidance as summarized by the ASPIRE acronym: Analyze your data to understand existing readmission patterns and root causes; Survey your current readmission reduction efforts; Plan a multifaceted, data-informed portfolio of strategies; Implement whole-person transitional care; Reach out to collaborate with cross-setting partners; and Enhance services for high-risk patients. The guide includes 13 customizable tools and content for six webinars to support training on how to use the guide.
- Webinar 1: Introduction & Overview
- Webinar 2: Analyze Data and Patient/Caregiver Perspectives (Section 1 of the Guide)
- Webinar 3: Review & Update Readmission Reduction Efforts
- Webinar 4: Implement Whole-Person Transitional Care for All
- Webinar 5: Reach Out To Collaborate With Partners Across Settings
- Webinar 6: Enhance Services for High-Risk Patients