November 3, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at https://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Going through the entire grants process—from finding an appropriate funding opportunity to managing an award—can be challenging, so it's not surprising that investigators have many questions along the way.
Opportunities and Resources
Apply to a new R01 funding opportunity announcement if you can propose a milestone-driven project to identify promising lead vaccine candidates or advance preclinical development of established leads targeting infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis and/or tuberculosis disease.
If you have an active Phase I small business award, NIH’s Niche Assessment Program can help you get market insights and data to optimize your commercialization and marketing plans.
Take note of revisions to an R01 Mechanisms of Mycobacterial-Induced Immunity funding opportunity’s Objectives and Scope section, which focus on exploring immune responses in the lung to inform tuberculosis vaccine design.
In The News
NIAID launched ClinRegs in 2014 as a public online resource for country-specific clinical research regulatory information. Since then, the site has received over 17,000 visitors.
Beginning with grant applications for FY 2018 funding, NIAID will accept training grant applications on two annual submission dates.
Generating microbiome data is challenging, but the effort needed to analyze that data just got easier.
- NIAID Sets Interim Paylines for R03, R21 Grants
- NIH Disaster Policy Applies to Hurricane Matthew
- Provide Feedback on Workforce Diversity Among Small Business Grantees
When you have research findings to publish, NIAID’s News and Science Writing Branch can help garner attention for your work through a variety of communication vehicles.
- For administrative supplements, how does NIAID define significant unexpended balances?
- Can my salary increase every year?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-CA-16-020, BD2K Support for Meetings of Data Science Related Organizations
- PAR-17-036, Platform Delivery Technologies for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (R41/R42)
- PAR-17-035, Platform Delivery Technologies for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (R43/R44)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.