It’s Get Smart About Antibiotics Week:
Get Smart About Antibiotics Week is here! From November 14-20, join CDC and partners as we work to improve antibiotic prescribing and use. We invite you to get involved to help raise awareness of the threat of antibiotic resistance and the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing and use.
Get involved! Review our checklist to make sure you’re doing your part to be #AntibioticSmart.
- Participate in the Get Smart About Antibiotics Week #AntibioticSmart Thunderclap event by Monday, November 14th at 1pm EST. Thunderclap helps amplify social media messages by rallying partners and friends to share the same message at the same time through Facebook and Twitter so that it cannot be ignored. Join the movement here: http://thndr.me/B6puNT.
- Join CDC’s Safe Healthcare webinar on Tuesday, November 15th at 1pm EST, offering CE, about the newly released Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship. If you haven’t already registered, visit: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/
- Join the global Twitter chat on Friday, November 18, from 11am-1pm EST, using #AntibioticResistance. Follow @CDCGov throughout the chat.
- Share your hard work! Submit your Get Smart about Antibiotics Week activities and we’ll post them to the CDC Get Smart program website.
- Check out the newly expanded Antibiotic Resistance Patient Safety Atlas which now includes the most complete data currently available on outpatient antibiotic prescribing in each state and antibiotic stewardship programs in U.S. hospitals by state.
- Use and share Get Smart about Antibiotics Week promotional materials!
- Participate in international activities. Learn about the World Health Organizations (WHO) 2nd Annual World Antibiotic Awareness Week and the European Antibiotic Awareness Day.
As always, we appreciate your commitment and support of the Get Smart program and antibiotic stewardship!