| http://www.cms.gov/Outreach- |
ESRD Quality Incentive Program: Two Upcoming MLN Connects National Provider Calls – Register Now
Wednesday, August 7; 3-4pm ET – Reviewing Your Facility's Payment Year 2014 Performance Data
Wednesday, August 14; 3-4:30pm ET – ESRD Quality Incentive Program Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Payment Year 2016
To Register: Visit the MLN Connects Upcoming Calls web page. Space may be limited, register early.
Target Audience: Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts.
CMS will host two MLN Connects Calls on the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP). The ESRD QIP is a pay-for-performance initiative that ties a facility's quality scores to a payment percentage reduction over the course of a payment year.
The first call will focus on the steps dialysis facilities need to take to review the data CMS will use to evaluate performance as part of the payment year 2014 program.
The second call will focus on the proposed rule for operationalizing the ESRD QIP in payment year 2016. This proposed rule was published in the Federal Register on July 8. The public will have until August 30, 2013, to submit their comments about the content of the rule. CMS encourages every dialysis facility and ESRD stakeholder to carefully review the proposed rule and participate in the comment period.
On July 29, 2013, CMS will make available to each facility a preliminary payment year 2014 Performance Score Report (PSR) that "previews” how well it scored on the quality measures CMS will use for determining any payment reductions. CMS encourages every dialysis facility to carefully review its PSR before CMS makes the information available publicly at the end of 2013.
Facilities will have from July 29 through August 29, 2013 to complete this important review. Also during this period, facilities will have an opportunity to ask questions about how their scores were calculated, and also have the ability to submit one formal inquiry if they find or suspect an error in the score calculations.
Agenda for August 7 call:
- How to access and review facility's PSR;
- How CMS calculated a facility's ESRD QIP performance score using quality data;
- What the performance score means to a facility's PY 2014 payment rates;
- When and where to ask questions regarding a PSR, including how to submit formal inquiry;
- Duties and responsibilities to make ESRD QIP performance data transparent to patients;
- Where to access help and get additional information
Agenda for August 14 call:
- ESRD QIP legislative framework
- Proposed measures, standards, scoring methodology, and payment reduction scale for PY 2016
- Methods for reviewing and commenting on the proposed rule
- Question and answer session
Continuing education credit may be awarded for participation in certain MLN Connects Calls. Visit the Continuing Education Credit Information web page to learn more.
End-Stage Renal Disease and Clinical Laboratories Open Door Forum
Overview:The End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and Clinical Laboratories Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns of the renal care and lab service communities in relation to the Medicare & Medicaid programs. Payment, billing and coverage issues are all handled in the discussions, as well as specifics within CLIA, the Fistula First Initiative and ESRD-related provisions of the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) and the Medicare Modernization Act (MMA). Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives and other related areas are also included in the forums.
There was an error in the announcement for the two ESRD Quality Incentive Program National Provider Calls. The error has been fixed. Please see the updated announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will host two ESRD Quality Incentive Program National Provider Calls. The dates of the calls are Wednesdays, August 7&14, 2013. Registration is open now. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement and registration instructions. Thank you.
On Thursday, May 16th, CMS hosted a webinar titled, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” Please see the Downloads section below for the link to the May 16th webinar. Thank you.
On Thursday, May 16, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will be hosting a webinar, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” to: Provide an introduction to Data.Medicare.Gov; Demonstrate options for accessing the data; and Describe how to make use of the site’s tools for exploring and interacting with the data. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement with background information and registration instructions.
CMS will host a National Provider Call on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, titled: National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments) - What You Need To Know. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will host a National Provider Call entitled "End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program - Payment Year 2015 Final Rule" on Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 2-3:30pm ET. Registration is open now. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement and registration instructions. Thank you.
National Provider Call: ESRD Low-Volume Payment Adjustment — Registration Now Open
Wednesday, April 24; 1:30-3pm ET. See Downloads section below for full announcement.
To receive notice when the next End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) & Clinical Laboratories Open Door Forum is scheduled, please refer to the "Related Links" section below to sign up on the Mailing List.
- (Updated Announcement) Wednesdays, August 7&14, 2013 - National Provider Calls - ESRD Quality Incentive Program [PDF, 362KB]
- May 17, 2013 - Link to the May 16, 2013 CMS Webinar titled "Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!" [PDF, 146KB]
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 - Webinar - Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started! [PDF, 269KB]
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - National Provider Call - National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payment) - What You Need To Know [PDF, 281KB]
- Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - Announcement - ESRD Low-Volume Payment Adjustment National Provider Call [PDF, 266KB]
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - Announcement - End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program - Payment Year 2015 Final Rule National Provider Call [PDF, 305KB]
- ESRD & Clinical Lab Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Open Door Forum Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Clinical Labs Center
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Center
- Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995
- MLN Matters Articles
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario