| http://www.cms.gov/Outreach- |
ESRD Quality Incentive Program: Two Upcoming MLN Connects National Provider Calls – Register Now
Wednesday, August 7; 3-4pm ET – Reviewing Your Facility's Payment Year 2014 Performance Data
Wednesday, August 14; 3-4:30pm ET – ESRD Quality Incentive Program Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Payment Year 2016
To Register: Visit the MLN Connects Upcoming Calls web page. Space may be limited, register early.
Target Audience: Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts.
CMS will host two MLN Connects Calls on the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP). The ESRD QIP is a pay-for-performance initiative that ties a facility's quality scores to a payment percentage reduction over the course of a payment year.
The first call will focus on the steps dialysis facilities need to take to review the data CMS will use to evaluate performance as part of the payment year 2014 program.
The second call will focus on the proposed rule for operationalizing the ESRD QIP in payment year 2016. This proposed rule was published in the Federal Register on July 8. The public will have until August 30, 2013, to submit their comments about the content of the rule. CMS encourages every dialysis facility and ESRD stakeholder to carefully review the proposed rule and participate in the comment period.
On July 29, 2013, CMS will make available to each facility a preliminary payment year 2014 Performance Score Report (PSR) that "previews” how well it scored on the quality measures CMS will use for determining any payment reductions. CMS encourages every dialysis facility to carefully review its PSR before CMS makes the information available publicly at the end of 2013.
Facilities will have from July 29 through August 29, 2013 to complete this important review. Also during this period, facilities will have an opportunity to ask questions about how their scores were calculated, and also have the ability to submit one formal inquiry if they find or suspect an error in the score calculations.
Agenda for August 7 call:
- How to access and review facility's PSR;
- How CMS calculated a facility's ESRD QIP performance score using quality data;
- What the performance score means to a facility's PY 2014 payment rates;
- When and where to ask questions regarding a PSR, including how to submit formal inquiry;
- Duties and responsibilities to make ESRD QIP performance data transparent to patients;
- Where to access help and get additional information
Agenda for August 14 call:
- ESRD QIP legislative framework
- Proposed measures, standards, scoring methodology, and payment reduction scale for PY 2016
- Methods for reviewing and commenting on the proposed rule
- Question and answer session
Continuing education credit may be awarded for participation in certain MLN Connects Calls. Visit the Continuing Education Credit Information web page to learn more.
Hospitals Open Door Forum
Overview:The Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting. The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives and other related areas are also included in the forums.
There was an error in the announcement for the two ESRD Quality Incentive Program National Provider Calls. The error has been fixed. Please see the updated announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is pleased to offer an opportunity to provide feedback to CMS on a proposed rule that makes revisions to the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) program. The proposed rule is open for comment until September 6, 2013. Please see the Downloads section below for more information.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will host two ESRD Quality Incentive Program National Provider Calls. The dates of the calls are Wednesdays, August 7&14, 2013. Registration is open now. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement and registration instructions. Thank you.
Thursday, August 8, 2013 – Open Payments: Policy Updates on Payments and the Physician Resource Toolkit – Registration Now Open. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement.
CMS is hosting a series of EHR Incentive Program related national calls. The calls will take place on July 23, 2013, July 24, 2013 & August 15, 2013. Please see the Downloads section below for registration information.
We are extending the deadline for submitting informal public comments on three candidate measures for the PCHQR program to 11:59 PM (EDT) on July 19, 2013. This extension provides stakeholders and interested parties two additional weeks to submit informal public comments, while still allowing CMS to meet its programmatic goals. Thank you again for your support and participation. Please see Downloads section below for the full announcement.
The June 25, 2013, from 2:00pm - 3:00pm ET, Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is Question & Answer only. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 97148514. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
The next Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, June 25, 2013 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 97148514. An agenda will be posted in the Downloads section below prior to the call. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
Please see the announcement in the Downloads section below titled, "Informal Public Comment Period: Proposed CMS PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospital Measures. CMS is requesting that stakeholders review and provide feedback on these measures. All comments on the measures must be received by July 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM (EDT), prior to the July 4th holiday.
On Thursday, May 16th, CMS hosted a webinar titled, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” Please see the Downloads section below for the link to the May 16th webinar. Thank you.
On Thursday, May 16th, 1pm-2pm ET, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will be hosting a webinar, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” to: Provide an introduction to Data.Medicare.Gov; Demonstrate options for accessing the data; and Describe how to make use of the site’s tools for exploring and interacting with the data. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement with background information and registration instructions.
CMS Seeks Public Comment on Defining QIO Service Areas - Comments Accepted through Friday, May 31, 2013. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
CMS will host a National Provider Call on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, titled: National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments) - What You Need To Know. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
LTCH Quality Reporting Program Requirements for FY 2014 - May 15, 2013 Deadline for FY 2014 Payment Determination. See Downloads section below for full Announcement/Reminder.
The Durable Medical Equipment, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program will be changing how some Medicare patients get covered supplies. Be sure to give your Medicare patients the correct information. Please review (copy and paste the link into your web browser) the following link for information for people who refer Medicare beneficiaries for DMEPOS: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/index.html?redirect=/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/01_overview.asp.
Please see the "New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Fee-For-Service Providers Informed" announcement in the Downloads section below.
CMS has made available two new recorded training sessions for IRFs on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website. The sessions are as follows:
1. IRF-PAI Assessment Submission Process – provides the necessary instructions for submitting IRF-PAI assessment data to the ASAP IRF-PAI Submission System beginning October 1, 2012.
2. CASPER Reports for IRFs – provides information about accessing and interpreting the ASAP system-generated IRF-PAI Facility Final Validation Report, identifies other reports available to IRFs and gives an overview of the basic functionality of the CASPER Reporting application.
• The recordings can be accessed via the e-University page on the QTSO website at https://www.qtso.com/webex/qiesclasses.php.
• Please contact the QTSO Help Desk at (800) 339-9313 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this training session.
- (Updated Announcement) Wednesdays, August 7&14, 2013 - National Provider Calls - ESRD Quality Incentive Program [PDF, 362KB]
- CMS Seeks Comments on Proposals to Update QIO Regulations - Open for Comments until September 6, 2013 [PDF, 164KB]
- Thursday, August 8, 2013 – Open Payments: Policy Updates on Payments and the Physician Resource Toolkit [PDF, 273KB]
- July 23, 24 & August 15, 2013 – Upcoming EHR Incentive Program Calls [PDF, 176KB]
- Monday, June 3, 2013 - Informal Public Comment Period: Proposed CMS PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospital Measures [PDF, 96KB]
- Deadline extension for submitting informal public comments on three candidate measures for the PCHQR program to 11:59pm ET on July 19, 2013 [PDF, 96KB]
- May 17, 2013 - Link to the May 16, 2013 CMS Webinar titled "Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!" [PDF, 146KB]
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 - Webinar - Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started! [PDF, 269KB]
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - Announcement & Agenda - Hospital/Hospital Quality Open Door Forum [PDF, 77KB]
- Thursday, May 2, 2013 - CMS Seeks Public Comment on Defining QIO Service Areas - Comments Accepted through Friday, May 31st [PDF, 270KB]
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - National Provider Call - National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payment) - What You Need To Know [PDF, 281KB]
- New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers Informed [PDF, 263KB]
- Q&A- Type A and B Emergency Departments Under the OPPS (PDF, 43KB) [PDF, 43KB]
- CMS Intermediary/Carrier Directory [PDF, 371KB]
- Q&A- OPPS Device Upgrade (PDF, 12KB) [PDF, 11KB]
- CMS Announces 90-Day Period of Enforcement Discretion for Compliance with Eligibility and Claim Status Operating Rules [PDF, 77KB]
- Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- PEPPER Resources - Opens in a new window
- HHS Indian Health Service Medicare-Like Rates Information - Opens in a new window
- QualityNet - Opens in a new window
- CDC, NCHS- ICD-9 Diagnosis Information - Opens in a new window
- HHS Hospital Compare Website - Opens in a new window
- Hospital Center
- Hospital Quality Initiative
- Hospital Outpatient PPS
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (Present on Admission Indicator)
- Medicare Contracting Reform
- Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario