viernes, 25 de noviembre de 2016

#CoverageMatters: ACA Plan Helped Me Become an Icecreampreneur

Dept. of Health & Human Services

#CoverageMatters: ACA Plan Helped Me Become an Icecreampreneur

Victoria Lai, Washington, D.C.
I came to Washington, D.C., to accept my dream job as an attorney with the Department of Homeland Security. At the same time, however, I was also exploring my creative culinary side by inventing ice cream flavors like Cookies & Cookie Dough and Banana Bourbon Caramel and creating a small business named Ice Cream Jubilee. When I was offered the opportunity to open my own store and sell my flavors in local stores, I had to consider that this exciting career change meant leaving the security of my government job and health benefits.
I’m healthy, but I knew that worries over the lack of coverage would get in the way of becoming an entrepreneur, or as I like to say, an “icecreampreneur.” Thanks to DC Health Link, a Health Insurance Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act, I was able to get an affordable, quality plan that gave me the peace of mind to create a business without worrying about health coverage.
I was able to research plans on the DC Health Link website and found a great one with terrific doctors. I got personal assistance over the phone to help me through the application process and I enrolled immediately.
READ MORE: #CoverageMatters: ACA Plan Helped Me Become an Icecreampreneur
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: