New CAHPS Podcast: Identifying Areas to Improve
The sixth podcast in a series focused on quality improvement features Donna Farley, Senior Health Policy Analyst and Co-lead, RAND CAHPS Team. Dr. Farley discusses how to identify specific areas to improve within your health care organization and how to develop an effective plan to accomplish your quality improvement goals.
Access this podcast (13:15) on the CAHPS Web site at https://www.cahps.ahrq.gov/News-and-Events/Podcasts.aspx.
Check out the other podcasts in this series:
- Advancing Quality Through Teamwork at Multiple Level (Audio): Marjie Harbrecht, CEO of HealthTeamWorks, discusses the benefits of expanding teamwork to include patients and families, health care practices, and medical neighborhoods.
- The Role of Human Resources Staff in Improvement Efforts (Video): Wendy Leebov, President and CEO of Leebov Golde & Associates, discusses the key roles that human resources staff can play in advancing quality improvement in health care organizations.
- The Role of Leadership in Improvement Efforts (Audio): Gregg Meyer, Senior Vice President of Massachusetts General Hospital and Physicians Organization and Director of the Edward P. Lawrence Center for Quality and Safety, discusses the importance of leadership to support quality improvement efforts.
- Creating an Improvement Culture (Video): Patrick Jordan from Newton-Wellesley Hospital discusses the importance of having a positive organizational culture to support the hospital’s commitment to improving patients’ experiences with care.
- The Case for Improving Patient Experience (Audio): Larry Morrissey from the Stillwater Medical Group discusses the value of and business case for improving patient experience.
Visit the CAHPS Web site at https://www.cahps.ahrq.gov. You can access other resources for QI on the CAHPS Web site at https://www.cahps.ahrq.gov/Quality-Improvement.aspx. Send comments and questions to email@example.com or 1-800-492-9261.