New Issue Focuses on
Integrated End-of-Life Care
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) announces the October 24 issue of the Health Care Innovations Exchange (http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov).
- The featured Innovations describe two programs that used palliative care to help elderly and terminally ill patients make greater use of hospice and home care services. A third program coordinated care for Medicare patients and their families, allowing them to define their wishes and options for end-of-life care, increase their use of hospice services, and reduce the incidence of inpatient stays.
- The featured QualityTools provide educational, clinical, and organizational resources and information to help ensure better care for patients and their families as they face end-of-life issues.
- Read more innovation profiles related to end-of-life care (http://go.usa.gov/YmbG) on the Innovations Exchange Web site, which contains more than 725 searchable innovations and 1,500 QualityTools.
- New PerspectiveEffective Palliative Care Programs Require Health System Change: A Conversation with Diane Meier, MD, FACP, Director, Center to Advance Palliative Care and Professor, Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine; and Joanne Lynn, MD, MA, MS, Director, Center for Elder Care and Advanced Illness, Altarum Institute. (http://go.usa.gov/YybV)
Events and Podcasts:
- New Podcast Features Innovator
A new AHRQ Healthcare 411 podcast (http://go.usa.gov/Ymbz) highlights the Lakeland Regional Medical Center’s annual "drive-through" vaccine program for seniors and features innovator Mary Jane Seymour. To read the related innovation profile, go to http://go.usa.gov/YmjW.
View the latest issue and search for Innovations and QualityTools on your smart phone at http://m.innovations.ahrq.gov.
New issues of the Innovations Exchange are published biweekly on Wednesdays. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
Follow the Innovations Exchange (AHRQIX) on Twitter with this hyperlink: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqix.